X

02 600 ignition switch mess

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 02 600 ignition switch mess

Im new here and trying to gather some information, i just picked up this bike and its currently at a friends house. Its electrical system has been hacked into quite a bit so what im trying to figure out does the stock ign switch have 4 wires or 6. And if anyone could recomend a good switch i would appreciate it ive currently been looking at the EMGO switches.thanks

Originally posted by Kjones View Post
    Im new here and trying to gather some information, i just picked up this bike and its currently at a friends house. Its electrical system has been hacked into quite a bit so what im trying to figure out does the stock ign switch have 4 wires or 6. And if anyone could recomend a good switch i would appreciate it ive currently been looking at the EMGO switches.thanks
    Emgo normally makes decent replacement items. Just be aware the switch on post kats needs to include a resistor that will trigger the ICM to turn on. It's an anti theft component on bikes newer than 97. I would expect emgo to have that in place, but other cheaper options (like direct from china offerings) may not.

The result would be everything appearing to work, but the bike would have no spark and never actually run.

Wiring diagram in the manual would tell you not only how many but what the wires are specifically if you don't have enough left over from the stock harness to work that out.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Thank you kreylyn would you happen to have any details on the resistance and which wires need to have resistance thanks

Comment

That would be not postable. It is a security feature that some don't need to know. I haven't seen or heard which wire would have the resistor. Wouldn't be hard to find out if you had an OEM switch. Though you wouldn't know what the resistance is.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran
        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

It doesnt have a oem switch

Comment

Working...
          X