X

Recommended oil

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommended oil

Hows it going guys, Looking to change the oil and prep my bike 1990 Suzuki katana 750 for this upcoming season, wondering what everyone recommends

Already a few threads out on this.
    Hit the search button.

Comment

Yeah already saw a few posts, But from a while ago. Wanted to see if anyone has had any updates or past experiences with a type of oil they used. And what has worked best for now

Comment

It's oil, pick one.

Comment

I have recently switched to the rotella t6 myself, the price is reasonable and I can get it at Wal-Mart.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

15/40 diesel oil

Comment

bumping because I'm also curious, I live where it gets pretty dang hot in the summer, 100 degrees is a cool day in July, we hit over 110 easy for days at a time. would using a heavier weight oil help with the heat? I've head AMS oil is really good, thoughts?
              1999 Suzuki Katana 750F

Comment

I live pretty close - I've also gone for rides through the central valley in the middle of summer. 100+ heat for hours at a time up and down 5 between Modesto and Sac and back home to San Jose. (ugly ugly ride...was more about the company than the scenery...) Anyways - my bike didn't overheat at all, didn't have any issues with it. My oil saw several trips like that before getting changed, it looked normal. I was running cheapo castrol motorcycle oil, nothing fancy. I change it every 3000 religiously, so if you go longer stretches, that might make a difference. I just switched to Rotella T6 last weekend. Too early to comment on how it does for me, but since it's synthetic, it should help with high temps a bit. It gets good reviews on here. So does Amsoil, but $$$.
                1998 Katana 750
                1992 Katana 1100
                2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

I'm using some castrol as well atm moment 10-50 I changed the oil and filter when I got the bike 4 months ago (oil was dark as night) but I was worried about it not being good enough for this valley heat since this bike is my daily commuter to everywhere I don't need a truck.
                  1999 Suzuki Katana 750F

Comment

1 way to be 100% positive:
                    Learn what's going on in your engine with oil analysis. Our free kits are easy to use and we explain the results in plain English!
                    1998 Katana 750
                    1992 Katana 1100
                    2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Unfortunately, Wal-Mart doesn't carry Rotella around here. I order Maxima Maxum4 from bike bandit. I change the oil right at 3k or under and change filters every other oil change. It's been working out so far.
                      Extra life.

Comment

Originally posted by rockat View Post
                        Unfortunately, Wal-Mart doesn't carry Rotella around here. I order Maxima Maxum4 from bike bandit. I change the oil right at 3k or under and change filters every other oil change. It's been working out so far.

Odd. Walmart.com lists it in stock for King of Prussia location. You could order it online and do free store pick up even if they don't stock it.

Krey
                        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

+1 on Rotella T6. Swapped over to that on my last change. Amazon is always an option too if you can't get it local.

Comment

T6 all day! I run it in my Audi A4 and I run it in my bike. I run it in everything.

I stretch the oil to 5k in my Audi, and blackstone stone claims I could easily push 7.5k intervals.
                            New Carbs and new tires makes it hard to take it easy on the throttle....

Comment

Working...
                            X