X

My first track day

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first track day

Hey so I went to a brand new track today.

a guy ignored a chicane and went right in between. ( the chicane consisted of only soft rubber cones )

after that they moved in tires instead. Thanks a lot douchebag. Follow the rules so the rest of use dont have to wait while your stupid bike gets mopped up. and you ruin the brand new asphalt with your coolantfluid and oil..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsfCQSQjlBE"]‪Rudskogen kræsj resultat‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9a5Atz3ces"]‪Rudskogen 4. august 2011 18:22‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZAFe-BXG10"]‪Rudskogen 4. august 2011 18:13‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Btw is the rubber ok looking like this ?
    Was running 34 rear and 32 front.

2015 BMW S1000R

That tire looking like that just means you used it. Some tires after track days just look totally hammered!

Comment

ok cool, btw that chicken strip is not my fault ! I had the peg touch the grouind in a left turn and still it looks like that
      2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Looks like it would be a blast!

Comment

It was awesome. I went back to the track today. I felt the improvement. But I also see I need to work on my seating posture. Last time and this time I did not move my body much. I wanted to concentrate on doing the turns right.

If I had to start thinking of body position and getting the knee out and stuff I would have done poorly. This time I kind of got it right without moving the body. in pretty much every turn I gauged the angle by having the side of my boot touch the ground , any more and the pegs would have started hitting again which is annyong.

next time I will try to use my body more so that the suspension doesnt get overly supressed.

BTW . pjolter and his buddy came out to the track. next time i want to see on on the track pjolter !
          2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

During the rally my tires looked Like it had a cheese grater applyed to them. rubber was coating the undertail and used a puddy knife to cleanup with. Looks good!
            "The shortest distance between two points is for people that don't ride!"

2001 Suzuki TL1000R Sold to Cintidude "May you be one with the Torque!!"
            1998 Suzuki Gsxr 750 SRAD
            2006 Suzuki Katana 600

Comment

nice, you have stock suspension ?
              2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

mo, what size are the rim tape ya have on ya rim?is it 12mm or 9mm
                1990 GSXR 750 Slingshot(sold)
                1992 GSXF Katana 750(sold 2014)
                1994 GSXF Katana 600 (gave away)
                2007 Suzuki Boulevard C-90 (sold)
                2003 GSX 1300R Hayabusa (purchased 2013)

I MIGHT HAVE BEEN THE BIGGEST DUDE YOUVE SEEN ON A 750 KAT.....

Comment

Originally posted by mammut89 View Post
                  nice, you have stock suspension ?
                  Stock and ready for a rebuild from carry my 270 lbs Arse and gear around.
                  "The shortest distance between two points is for people that don't ride!"

2001 Suzuki TL1000R Sold to Cintidude "May you be one with the Torque!!"
                  1998 Suzuki Gsxr 750 SRAD
                  2006 Suzuki Katana 600

Comment

Originally posted by d_phi_d View Post

I will measure it for you when I get home from work

Originally posted by flash007 View Post
                    Stock and ready for a rebuild from carry my 270 lbs Arse and gear around.

nice

some pics :

Last edited by mammut89; 08-12-2011, 07:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                    2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Looks like a blast, If you don't mind me asking what's a track day like that cost for the day over there?
                      Kyle

Comment

There are different setups. This is a weekday trackday that is arranged every thursday for amateures that want to improve their abilities. To be allowed on the track you have to pass a course that costs $200 which includes figure 8 , different braking excercises on asphalt and gravel and different cone tracks.

After that it costs $100 for tracktime from 5pm - 9pm. ( the sun is up til 10 pm even in early fall over here )

There are more expensive courses that are during the weekends where people can start riding early in the day.
                        2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Originally posted by d_phi_d View Post

they are 7mm
                          2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Originally posted by mammut89 View Post
                            Btw is the rubber ok looking like this ?
                            Looks just fine. Mine look worse than that after two passes of Deals Gap.

Oh, and welcome to the addiction that is the track.
                            Last edited by thetable; 08-13-2011, 12:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                            Pics
                            Pics
                            No pics yet
                            Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Tell us about the track, do they have a website?

Comment

Working...
                              X