X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mrontime View Post
    I do not have a pic. I bought this bike on craigslist and im just fixing the previous owners "customizations" the free floater refrence was just a suzuki joke, they came out with the "free floater" rear end, which was the beginning of the single rear shock. The previous owner hacked all the frame from under the seat and rear seat out and just left jagged metal, i boxed it in, triangulated it best i could, while keeping the frame unseen from the 2000 something rear fender thats on the bike. Techgnome.... you inspired me though, im getting an original single seat. I like your bike man.
    This is my eventual goal

I picked up the 600 fairings for $40 shipped and $20 for the seats shipped.

I plan on buying a under tray, tail light and solo cowl next.

I'm not 100% sure if I'm putting the turbo 1216 in it or running nitrous in my high compression 1216 block that's currently in it.
    Tekgnomes Crazy Custom Fighter
    The Screaming Banshee <

Big Bore B12 swapped madness

Comment

• What about water/methanol injection? Ecspecially with how hot my bike seems to run when i saw the electric winsheild relay i though, water/meth injector is pre wired lol. I think that looks fantastic. I may get rid of the cbr rear on mine and order some panels to copy you if i cant make the single seat work with the cbr rear on my bike.
      Last edited by Mrontime; 07-18-2017, 01:49 PM.
      We may not always win the game, but we never lose the party.

Comment

What about water/methanol injection? Ecspecially with how hot my bike seems to run when i saw the electric winsheild relay i though, water/meth injector is pre wired lol. I think that looks fantastic. I may get rid of the cbr rear on mine and order some panels to copy you if i cant make the single seat work with the cbr rear on my bike.
        I wouldn't run water meth on a stock engine. I'm planning on running it when I go forced induction to up the octane and act as an intercooler.

I'm running a 1216 kit on the stock 750 rad and the temps are fine. These engines will creep above 200f of you let them sit, just keep em moving and your good. I'm using casteral 10-w40 semi synthetic

The 600 Katana tail is a cheap and easy conversion, that and the tail looks pretty good and flows with the rest of the fairings.
        Last edited by Tekgnome; 07-18-2017, 02:57 PM.
        The Screaming Banshee <

Comment

• I just love fabbing it up, here are some more updated pegs i made. Really updates the whole look of the bike. I always think of water/meth as the safe stock option if you jet for it and only hit at the right throttle times. My bike felt like 350 the other day, but im sure it was waaay lean.

i used this curved 750 cooler i had laying around, kinda winced when i saw how much its worth lol.
          Last edited by Mrontime; 07-18-2017, 04:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• Water meth is safe to run on a stock engine, I just mean that there's no point in it.

If your overheating to the point that you think a stock 750 needs water meth then you have a serious underlying cooling problem that needs solved.

I'm running the bone stock 750cc cooler on a built 1216 and haven't had any issues
            Last edited by Tekgnome; 07-18-2017, 10:08 PM.
            The Screaming Banshee <

Comment

• I was slow cruisin with no air box and no side panels, so i was probably way lean with the air off the motor being directed at my thighs lol. It wasnt that hot with the 750 cooler and the panels on doing a 35 mile run. Im betting when the 4-1 exhaust and the stock air box come in it will run better. New rear tire allready showed up. Next check will be shocks, brakes and bearings. Eventually i will find the lower half of the fairing.... also as a mechanic i respectfully disagree with you sir, there are several benifits to water meth injection, one being a cleaner motor due to the steam cleaning, leading to less cabon deposits. Cooler intake temps.... cooler engine temps. Im not personally gonna run it. I rode this bike te other day and realised i need to learn a bit more. It has plenty enough motor for me right now, im used to cruisers and two stroke dirtbikes so im a little outta my element. Honestly i though it was gonna be way more of a project than its been. Lol wasnt expecting to ride it on day 4.
              Last edited by Mrontime; 07-18-2017, 05:49 PM.

Comment

• trying on forks, it seems pretty low with the 750 17" combo on it.. what do yall think? Also risers? Looks like 2" would work, maybe even 1"
                Last edited by Mrontime; 07-19-2017, 11:44 AM.

Comment

trying on forks, it seems pretty low with the 750 17" combo on it.. what do yall think? Also risers? Looks like 2" would work, maybe even 1"
                  If your planning on riding it longer than a half hour at a time do 1" risers, if your planning on riding it more than an hour or two at a time then do 2" risers.

If you don't care about your wrists or back, leave it. You'll look like a bad ass tucked the time lol!!

Other than that, it looks great 10/10

Im planning on dropping SRAD 750 inverted forks in mine eventually
                  The Screaming Banshee <

Comment

• Im youngish and ive been watching a twist of the wrist 2 trying to learn how to ride these sportbikes properly. I raised the forks maybe 3/4 of an inch to accomodate the clipons properly. With a slightly different angle to accomodate the tank, i think i can make a bracket to the secondary bolt hole on both to make it stronger (the bottom bolt hole for the factory clipons. What are the chances the fairing works with everything?.... also i have the front fender for this fork set somewhere.... grrrr... somewhere. Thanks for the imput! Its valued.

If there is a guru here that recognizes the year of these forks and could educate me for parts reasons i would be grateful. I think they are 92 ish
                    Last edited by Mrontime; 07-19-2017, 02:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• man i love the look of this bike. Im gonna take 1 1/2" outta the kick stand to make up for the lowering, but with the old rear shock and the good fronts it looks level lol. Also since im an idiot and like to order parts i will phase out before they arrive i have a brand new 16" tire for a rim thats only dry rotting lol.
                      Last edited by Mrontime; 07-19-2017, 11:22 PM.

Comment

• Had a fantastic late night

Had the dyna coil wire for cylinder #2 & #3 come loose on my way home.

Managed to get it home on only #1 and #4 cylinders firing. But wait that's not the best part

I fixed the loose connection to the coil but cylinder #3 isn't firing, when to pull the plug to check for spark and my plug wire tip snapped off on the end of the plug.

Oh and I can't find my spark plug adapter to get the damn thing out.

Cylinders #1 #2 #4 are firing fine, I can spray water on the headers and it immediately evaporates but cylinder #3 just runs down the pipe and it's only Luke warm if you touch it.

I'm hoping for a fouled plug from the coil pack cutting out.
                        Last edited by Tekgnome; 07-21-2017, 03:47 AM.
                        The Screaming Banshee <

Comment

• Thats the real stuff right there.lol. i left a t shirt laying on the set of new tires i have in my room last night and...... its better than any cologne i own... i kinda wanna stuff all my clean shirts in em for a few days but i bet i stink to anyone else lol....

Comment

• I t

I traded in my bike for an 06 Katana 600 with 3400 miles on it, then rode it 150 miles to get acquainted. We're going to be good!

I traded in my bike for an 06 Katana 600 with 3400 miles on it, then rode it 150 miles to get acquainted. We're going to be good!

May end the day by lea

May end the day by learning how to post . Doh!
                            Last edited by tim in maine; 07-21-2017, 06:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• Noob question. I bought 03 katana 600. As a project. Going over the bike the left handle bar assembly was loose. Removed the little plastic cap and I see that the Alan wrench bolt is stripped. Once again repeat I'm new to any bike. Is there any reverse threading on these parts that I should know about.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kg2003gsx600f View Post
                                Noob question. I bought 03 katana 600. As a project. Going over the bike the left handle bar assembly was loose. Removed the little plastic cap and I see that the Alan wrench bolt is stripped. Once again repeat I'm new to any bike. Is there any reverse threading on these parts that I should know about.
                                Not where your messing around. Lol

So, airbox for 1100 is 110 bucks oddly enough. But the airbox for a bandit is only 25. Today im hacking the bandit airbox kinda in half to remove and plate over the lower half.
                                Last edited by Mrontime; 07-22-2017, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X