X

Right Side Turn Signals Sporadic

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right Side Turn Signals Sporadic

Hey everyone. Not sure where to look for answers for this, so any input is much appreciated.
    About a week ago I was riding down the expressway, when I noticed the right signal on the gauge cluster was lit up and stayed lit. When I tried to turn the switch it would just stay lit and not blink. I checked the bulb, works fine. Sometimes it will blink normal, other times only the front signal is out, other the front and rear is out. (sorry this is so long) Where do I start? Fuse block? Is there a relay someplace? Thanks

Are the connections to the signal tight? Try taking them apart, cleaning them, and adding some dielectric grease.
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

yea, the connections are all tight, its an aftermarket flush mount signal up front the last owner installed. i took it all apart, re cut and connected the wires, and still goes on and off when ever it wants. its a 3 wire system, red, black, and black with a white stripe. looked on the manuals for download, but only one that works is a 98+ gsx600. will that be the same for my pre 98 750?

Comment

corroded wire some where causing a short? I'm not sure if these bikes have automotive style flashers like cars do. IF they do, I'd suggest maybe replacing it since they cause erratic flashing when they go bad.
        Who brought the retarded kid?

Comment

Working...
        X