X

Oil Temp Gauge

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Temp Gauge

Is there anywhere good to place a sensor for oil temp, or will I have to weld a bung into the oil pan?
    Red 1988 600F

Ask CP, he sells a temp. sender. He provides excellent instructions. You need to tap your oil pan ahd install it there, I believe it's a #24 NPT tap.

Comment

Yup CP... He put a lot of thought into the kit.

Comment

Hmm, cool, didn't even notice he had one for sale.

Noticed the need for one while sitting in Laconia, since our bike's aren't water cooled and therefore have no temp gauge.
        Red 1988 600F

Comment

The sender half of my solution is a plumbing standard tap size that's available at virtually any hardware store or plumbing supply house: 1/8th-27 NPT. This produces a slightly conical tap, which helps create a perfect seal even under pressure. If you don't want to tap your pan, send me a spare and I'll tap it for you (& install the sender).

The matching gauge is a waterproof, open-cockpit, all-weather gauge with a double-lens design that won't ever fog over. I can hit the face of the gauge with a pressure washer and it won't care.

The entire package reads from 100 to 400 degrees (F), and has celcius temps listed on the gauge as well.

I went through a lot of gauges (and oil pans) before I came to this solution, and honestly feel it's the best one on the planet for Suzuki's air-oil cooled bikes.

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
          X