X

Electronic tacho????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electronic tacho????

I've been reading up on installing a digital gear indicator. They make a kit for a cable driven seedo, which I know the pre 98's have. I need to have an electronic tacho, I'm 99% sure that the pre 98 Katana's have an electronic tacho, but I want to be sure.

I don't know if you can tap into the coil wire to get a tach reading.

That's what I had to do when I installed my AudioVox cruise control.
    How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
    How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
    How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
    How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

ahh cruise control on a bike, that sounds AMAZING haha i hate holding the throttle down..

Comment

Re: Electronic tacho????

Originally posted by arsenic13
        I've been reading up on installing a digital gear indicator. They make a kit for a cable driven seedo, which I know the pre 98's have. I need to have an electronic tacho, I'm 99% sure that the pre 98 Katana's have an electronic tacho, but I want to be sure.
        Wait, I'm confused.. here are the facts:
        Pre 98 Kat:
        Mechanical Speedometer
        Electronic Tachometer

98+
        Electronic Speedometer
        Electronic Tachometer

Does that answer your question?

Comment

Okay BP, that's what I needed to know

Comment

lets see it when your done

Comment

go to my site http://www.freewebs.com/arsenic1016/ you can see everything you want and probably more there

Comment

I dont' think tachs have ever been mechanical like a speedo. I believe tachs are tied to the coil for the #1 cylinder on engines. I added one to a 1980 snomobile once that was still electronic. I think they work similarly to setting the timing on older cars where a clamp goes over the #1 plug wire to detect when it fires.
                Who brought the retarded kid?

Comment

Originally posted by bswasey
                  I dont' think tachs have ever been mechanical like a speedo. I believe tachs are tied to the coil for the #1 cylinder on engines. I added one to a 1980 snomobile once that was still electronic. I think they work similarly to setting the timing on older cars where a clamp goes over the #1 plug wire to detect when it fires.
                  Yup that is how they work.. But my Hondas had mechanical tachs (driven off the cam shaft).. All post 1980

Comment

Crazy Hondas. What will they think of next?
                    Who brought the retarded kid?

Comment

Working...
                    X