X

brake light

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brake light

I couldn't get the front brake light to work, The rear brake light works just fine. I did checked the fuse and make sure the wires all hooked up right and it's good. Is the lever no good? WIll i have to replace it?

Re: brake light

Originally posted by thatissosteve
    I couldn't get the front brake light to work, The rear brake light works just fine. I did checked the fuse and make sure the wires all hooked up right and it's good. Is the lever no good? WIll i have to replace it?
    are there wires leading to your front brake lever?

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

i have the same problem im riding a 92' GSX600F kat and when i squeeze the front brake i dont get a light im glad to see im not the only one with this prob
      Driving a car is like watching a movie. Riding a bike is like starring in one.

Comment

Check the connection for the wires under the gas tank. Make sure they are plugged in.

If they are, check the switch itself on the lever. You both have 92 bikes and there may be corrosion on the contacts of the switch or the switch may be broken in there. Definately need to get that fixed though. You want cagers to know you have your brakes on if you ever have to grab front brakes only.

I know I can hear a "click" when I barely pull my front brake lever with the bike off. See if you can also hear that.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
        who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

generic switches are cheap. Pull the wires off the switch and if it lights up when you tough them, but not when the switch is activated and it's all plugged in, the switch is shot. Mine was dead when I rebuilt my bike.
          http://rides.webshots.com/album/552670376QLcRnn?start=0

Comment

i didnt know there was a brake light on the front of the bike??? ....

Comment

OK here is what to look at. look at you brake perch
              there is a little box that has two wires come out of it take it off and look at it it will look like this
              the moving contact mite be worn out or the contact on the switch are or it just needs adjusted but I bet this is where your problem is

Comment

hey thanks to all for your help i figured it out its the wire furthest away from the gas tank on the hand lever i just had to bend it upward but be careful not to break it off now it works greatonce again thank you all
                Driving a car is like watching a movie. Riding a bike is like starring in one.

Comment

ha, I thought my the kat only had brake light on the front brake of the kat, until I asked here as well. lol. so I am trying to figure out why my rear brake dont activate the brake light.
                  Roops Photography|facebook|
                  03 GSXR 1000
                  04 Honda Aquatrax Jetski
                  Past: 92 Yamaha Seca II -> 04 Kat 600 -> 92 Kat w/gsxr 750 swap -> 01 GSXR 750 -> 03 GSXR 1000

Comment

Working...
                  X