X

GSX750F Ignition Replacement

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GSX750F Ignition Replacement

Hi everyone. So I am a small engine mechanic and a customer brought me his Katana. His ignition was messed up. So I removed the two M8-20 security torx bolts with the very easy to remove red loctite (LOL). I ordered replacement ignition and it came in today and I was just being curious and plugged the new switch into the harness and nothing. Its like the battery is completely dead but I checked and it was 12.8 volts. Like I said, I am a mechanic, but not very knowledgeable with sportbikes. Does something have to be reset before this switch will work? Really pretty much ruling a dud switch because due to a shipping error they sent 2 switches and tried the other to no avail. Just hoping one of you could help me out with some info.

The connector is the same 6 pin connector and I went back and looked and the parts I received verify that they replace the oem part number for this bike. Thanks alot to any and all who respond.

Year of the bike would help here. Is it an OEM OR cheap Chinese switch? The pre (89-97) has a main breaker just ahead of the battery box (has a red dot on it) push the dot. Or it has a main fuse 25 amp. The post (98-06) bike has a 30 amp fuse on the starter relay.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

How do you get those bolts out???? I gotta replace mine, let's just say I haven't figured it out. 95 750

Comment

If you have the sheer bolts installed, it's most likely OEM. You can drill the heads off. You should buy a new set of sheer bolts. Keeps someone from easily removing your ignition switch.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran

Comment

Cool. Ok another stupid question. Drill from the bottom, or take the tree apart.

Comment

You can drill from the bottom, I've done it multiple times.
            spammer police
            USAF veteran

Comment

Working...
            X