X

Speakers on the Kat ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speakers on the Kat ?

I'd like too add some speakers and some type of amplifier to run my Sirus and MP3 player too the the Kat. I want to put the speakers in the dash surround like I've sen a couple pictures of but I'm not sure what to use yet. Also the Sirus and MP3 don't have enough power to drive speakers so some kind of amp is needed. I thoght about the headphones in the helmet , I'd rather do speakers though.
    Mind over matter , if you don't mind it doesn't matter

I was gonna say just put ear phones in your helmet, as far as installing speakers, I have no idea.

Comment

I found these but I'm not sure where I could mount 5inch speakers.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-wwzxogg...&search=marine

Comment

That marine setup looks good. When it comes down to it, how you mount the speakers mostly depends on whether you *require* the mounting to look seamless. If you do, you need to build some sort of custom instrument panel-windscreen-fairing system. Probably not worth it. If you can sacrifice looks for tunes then things will be much easier. That said, who knows if you will even be able to hear those speakers at 120km/h... If you decide to go for it make sure to keep us posted.

Comment

Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
          -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
          -Terence

Comment

I already read that post . I was hoping maybe some new info had been found by someone.

Comment

You can try something like...

or

Neither option is cheap,
              but they will work.

Comment

HOw loud would these speakers be? I don't think I could hear them on the highway. Between wind and engine noise, I have trouble hearing my mp3 player, and I prefer to just wear earplugs to cut down on the racket.
                Tony

Comment

Originally posted by jahowes
                  HOw loud would these speakers be? I don't think I could hear them on the highway.
                  Tony
                  On a stock Katana, probably not loud enough.
                  I say probably only because they might
                  work better with a different windshield.
                  They make some taller "touring" type
                  windshields that might cut the wind noise
                  enough to make them useable. Or not.

Comment

The wind noise with a helmet would be enough to drown out just about any speaker mounted beyond the helmet by 60 mph or so... And it's not a lot better if you ride helmet-less (not to mention the risks). Putting an amp under the seat could give you the power to push 100 decibels or more, but that still leaves you with the speaker placement issue (and speaker size issue, finding somewhere that decent sized speakers are pointing in your general direction). The rating on the speakers that you really need to pay attention to are dB@1M, which tells you how loud the speakers are for the power being delivered).

Cheers,
                    =-= The CyberPoet
                    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Ehm, maybe you should buy a Goldwing Comes default with Dolby Surround, i've heard...

Comment

Working...
                      X