1991 rear signal not working

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1991 rear signal not working

Hi Everyone,

I bought my first kat and need some help. My left rear signal doesn't flash and the front left stays solid. I checked the housing and some pieces seem to be missing that hold the bulb in full contact.

Does a how to exist that someone could point me at? Where should I go to buy a new rear signal? How can I remove it? I saw a bolt on the inner frame, does that release the signal?

Thanks!

On the front turn signals there is a nut at the end of the stem (15mm or 17mm...All I know is I keep losing the right wrench). Unplug the wires, undo the nut and you should be able to pull the entire stem off.

The Rears may be just that simple...But I never have to take them off (as of yet).

Djork

********Edited due to my inability to read English***********
    [email protected]

Comment

Flashers work by amperage heating up a bi-metal arm that one of the contacts is connected to. With only one bulb working (they are wired in parallel) there isn't enough current to work the flasher. Fix the bulb that is out and the other bulb should start flashing.

Comment

i have a 92 and i had the same prob.... I found that some lights just dont work for whatever reason...i bought 2-3 different ones and checked the entire wiring system before i figured that one out.

Bob

Pre 98's Rock!

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...&id=1593731870

http://www.myspace.com/bobbyma

Comment

The weird thing is, I tested the bulb that was in the left signal in the right signal and it worked just fine. When I tried the right signal bulb in the left it was still dead.

Bulbs aren't expensive so maybe I'll run out and buy a couple new ones.

Comment

the wiring in the lights are conected. the circuit flows through both lights.

Pre 98's Rock!

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...&id=1593731870

http://www.myspace.com/bobbyma

Comment

Do you mean both rear lights? Or front to back?

Comment

Originally posted by KatanaEvolution
                Do you mean both rear lights? Or front to back?
                Both lefts, and both rights...
                But in parallel.. That is the voltage forks off to the front right and front rear. Not series where it would go through the rear then to the front...

Comment

I replaced the front and the back with new bulbs and it was a no go. I removed the seat and could hear the signal unit activate, but it would not alternate the signal.

Comment

If you do not have the correct bulb it will not flash either. I had put a different bulb in mine and it would not flash. Your turn signals work, from what you said 2 posts up, but its just that you have the wrong bulbs. Try to get the same wattage on the bulb as the side that is working.
                    Roops Photography|facebook|
                    03 GSXR 1000
                    04 Honda Aquatrax Jetski
                    Past: 92 Yamaha Seca II -> 04 Kat 600 -> 92 Kat w/gsxr 750 swap -> 01 GSXR 750 -> 03 GSXR 1000

Comment

Ok, I'll pull the bulb from the right and check the wattage.

Comment

You may also have corrosion in the socket or wire connections

Comment

Originally posted by jgalar
                          You may also have corrosion in the socket or wire connections
                          well the right bulbs work in the left side, so it is definately a bulb issue
                          Roops Photography|facebook|
                          03 GSXR 1000
                          04 Honda Aquatrax Jetski
                          Past: 92 Yamaha Seca II -> 04 Kat 600 -> 92 Kat w/gsxr 750 swap -> 01 GSXR 750 -> 03 GSXR 1000

Comment

I replaced the right bulb with the same bulb as the left. The Right would signal, but the left rear was still "dead".

Also, just to help clarify, the Left bulb that does not flash, will flash in the Right. The Right bulb that flashes, will not light or flash in the Left signal.

Comment

Working...
                            X