X

very strange battery problems.. please help

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• very strange battery problems.. please help

i took your guys' advice and bought myself a parts unlimited battery for my 01 kat 600. the battery was fifty bucks and i added the acid and charged exactly as the directions said. recently any time the bike is shut off in any way other than the key or kill switch, the bike will not restart. it seems as though instantly my battery is dead, but the instant i charge or jump the battery, the bike turns over no with no problem. i have charged the battery numerous times with my 12v charger from 1-4 hrs, but the battery does the same thing. i even charged it last night for 5 hrs and this morning it was dead, the battery was acting very weak. i am going to call the shop where i got it and hopefully get a replacement. any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated. could it be something besides the battery? is the battery getting drained somehow when the bike is off?

Sounds like the battery to me...I've had two car batteries from Sam's club here in Albq go out in less than a year on two different cars for no reason at all. Not sure what happenned they just quit and would not re-charge... I'd call the vendor and see how to get an exchange since its already filled with acid...
    "So scared of getting older, I'm only good at being young"

Comment

Yup, time to get that battery swapped out. I recommend the sealed battery from parts unlimited that comes pre-charged and the acid is already in and sealed. That one will cost you about 25 more bucks though.
      "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
      JOHN 16:33

Comment

Originally posted by KatanaSoldier
        Yup, time to get that battery swapped out. I recommend the sealed battery from parts unlimited that comes pre-charged and the acid is already in and sealed. That one will cost you about 25 more bucks though.
        Yup +1 to that

Comment

Voltmeters are cheap.

Comment

Working...
          X