X

82 gs1000sz finally taking shape

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by branumhawk View Post
    When I was notified about the delivery, buyer thought they were Kawasaki mules! She has one at the house.

I texted my wife and told her not to be upset but I would have three mules tied up in the back yard when she got home from work. Mentioned the discussions we had on pets, but that I got them for free and they needed a good home. When she frantically texted me back about them eating her garden and what I was going to do with the manure "I was in tears at this point".

After truck arrived, I texted her back and gave her the bad news. "Rhino's not mules. Had her going up to that point
    I love it! My wife would be worried about her garden, also.....

Good prank.
    GS1000SZ, GS1100EZ, GS1000ST (Wes Cooley)

Comment

• Rhino's are history. Traded one for a toyota 4x4, nice clean truck and sold the rest. Have not fire the bike up since the engine work.

I have upgraded the paint work and will post some pics before long. Got a clutch cable a month ago and still haven't put it in. Katana has been sidelined again as it has several times since I got it in 2010.

Getting close to having the real deal here soon.

Comment

• I was wondering where you were at with the project. Thanks for the update.

Comment

• Hey,

You know the couple months before deer archery season I have some serious negotiations going on with the wife and my quota of honeydoo's has been met. At the expense of other projects, making a living, falconry and all that.

I am now free to disappear into the national forest for a couple months on my yearly retreat from civilization. Will be gone from Oct 1st thru November 29th.

Back in time to dive back in for the springtime bike bug, and I hope to have the Katana done for summer. Got a black nose kat now, Joe..

Comment

Hey,

You know the couple months before deer archery season I have some serious negotiations going on with the wife and my quota of honeydoo's has been met. At the expense of other projects, making a living, falconry and all that.

I am now free to disappear into the national forest for a couple months on my yearly retreat from civilization. Will be gone from Oct 1st thru November 29th.

Back in time to dive back in for the springtime bike bug, and I hope to have the Katana done for summer. Got a black nose kat now, Joe..
            A new acquisition? Or did you paint the Kat nose black?

Comment

• How you knew I was going to stumble on a new acquisition!

A knock on my door by a neighborhood kid who knew someone that needed a couple old bikes removed form a garage by relatives of original PO.

They were glad I hauled it off, but I slipped him 50 bucks. Kat is getting finished before I play with this but I couldn't pass on it. Inside my garage now.

77 KZ1000C number 41 off the line. Cop bike. Frame looks to have been painted years ago and the parts are mostly in a big box and mostly all there.

Will add some pics once I toss them online somewhere.

Last edited by branumhawk; 09-28-2015, 09:35 PM.

Comment

How you knew I was going to stumble on a new acquisition!

A knock on my door by a neighborhood kid who knew someone that needed a couple old bikes removed form a garage by relatives of original PO.

They were glad I hauled it off, but I slipped him 50 bucks. Kat is getting finished before I play with this but I couldn't pass on it. Inside my garage now.

77 KZ1000C number 41 off the line. Cop bike. Frame looks to have been painted years ago and the parts are mostly in a big box and mostly all there.

Will add some pics once I toss them online somewhere.

http://i745.photobucket.com/albums/x...psklzu5vka.jpg
                Nice... so, who are you going to be? Ponch or Jon?

Comment

• Barney.

Comment

Barney.
                    LOL! Don't forget your bullet.

Comment

• Be riding it!

Comment

• Alright, I have been threatening to post pics of my repaint. My other paint job wasn't too bad but I didn't paint the cowl black in the appropriate place.

Being there were a few imperfections and that I sold a paint job for a friend of mine on another Katana, he offered to repaint mine for free. Custom job by the best guy I know who exclusively paints custom motorcycles, Dennis "Hotwheels" Dupre in Bayou Blue Lousiana.

Bout ready to run the engine, got a correct front master cylinder, clutch is good now so I am getting close and spring his when I donate my time to this stuff.

Picked up an old Z1 930 racing motor today but that's another topic, here are the pics.

Last edited by branumhawk; 01-25-2016, 04:54 PM.

Comment

• Any pics of that motor you mentioned?
                          Last edited by shpielers; 01-26-2016, 12:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                          1998 Katana 750
                          1992 Katana 1100
                          2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

• Mad Max 1978 K1000

This is late, but I saw these body panels for the Goose or Toe Cutter K1000.

Comment

• Those fairings are different. I do have some pics of that motor. Haven't done anything but slide head and cylinders off. The clutch is most likely beefy, I will have to ask Paul whats in there if I don't get around to checking it out before I see him again.

The guy that gave me the motor is a well known pro stock drag racer and it so happens I know the guy who built the engine back in 78 or so. Engine has 76 case numbers, 900 cylinders, 77 kz1000 head, not from a J motor.

Last edited by branumhawk; 01-26-2016, 10:11 PM.

Comment

• Think you'll be able to rehab that? Those cylinders like like they have a fair bit of rust going on.
                                1998 Katana 750
                                1992 Katana 1100
                                2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Working...
                                X