Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Clutch question ...... got my bike serviced today........

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch question ...... got my bike serviced today........

yup, had to get my bike serviced today. Had to go into the dealership to get my chrome rims put on. Crappy part is that the front wheel I got isn't the right one, so I gotta send it back and get a replacement. So now I'm going to bike night tomorrow w/black front rim and chrome back. It will look tight when its all chrome though 8)

But now to my question, got my bike serviced (4000) mile service, but actually got 6500 miles, new brake pads and all. Now my clutch, which used to engage about half way out, only engages maybe 1/2" to maybe 3/4" from letting go. Does anyone know why this changed, just from a service? OK, I'm not mechanically inclined so I could use the help. Gotta get used to the clutch again..........
    Ray - Thank you, may I have another?

Because they adjusted your freeplay . That's part of a normal tune-up . Your supposed to have just a few mm of freeplay at the lever before it engages .
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

so that means I should have them adjust since I pretty much have to let it all the way out for it to engage right?

Comment

This gap should be about 4mm.
        Attached Files
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

thanks a lot, just adjusted it!

Comment

Working...
          X