Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Shock Swap Success! R6 Shock in a Pre Kat.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you lower the front you may have to shorten your kickstand also.
    Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
    Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

nice write up ! i happen to have a cbr 600rr shock laying around so i used that ... and let me tell u HUGE diff... deff in riding passangers !! i would swap shocks asap if i could offer that to any kat owner

Comment

Originally posted by rhauss View Post
        nice write up ! i happen to have a cbr 600rr shock laying around so i used that ... and let me tell u HUGE diff... deff in riding passangers !! i would swap shocks asap if i could offer that to any kat owner
        Mind snapping a picture of the setup? I avoided trying the RR setup because that reservoir looked too gigantic to fit next to the battery box. Did it fit ok?
        Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

I just did this mod and took the bike out for a ride (with the GF on the back). Wow, what a difference! The rear is a lot stiffer and not squishy like before. It's almost like driving a different bike.

Thank you SGTJimbo_Kat600 for the writeup and Tmod for the spacers and rear shock settings!

Comment

Like this thread, will be doing it in the next couple of weeks! The back has been way to soft since I changed the front springs. Thanks for the insight.
            http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=110816

1994 GSX750F Katana with:

Michelin Pilot Road 2's, 120/70, 150/70,
            Race Tech 1.0kg springs with 25mm preload,
            R6 rear shock w/14.3kg Eibach spring,
            1" Soupys bar risers, Zero Gravity windshield,
            RK GXW Gold Chain, My own fender eliminator,
            3BBB turn signal mirrors,
            Black painted seat and rear trim,
            Nelson-Rigg CL-135, CL-150, CL-950.

Comment

Well mine is done and I must say this has to be the best single mod I have done so far. Back is about 1.5" lower, Stuffer with the new spring, And way more compliant. No chattering around bumpy turns any more. Just be aware if you do this mthe mod front will feel like crap. I have new front springs up front and I know I will be doing the emulators eventually. I can't say enough on how much better the bike feels. Like they say it's a different bike!

Terry is the man!

And yes it is a drop in mod except for the lower bushings to go from a 12mm shock hole to a 10mm mounting hole.
              No clearance problems on a 750 pre either.
              http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=110816

1994 GSX750F Katana with:

Michelin Pilot Road 2's, 120/70, 150/70,
              Race Tech 1.0kg springs with 25mm preload,
              R6 rear shock w/14.3kg Eibach spring,
              1" Soupys bar risers, Zero Gravity windshield,
              RK GXW Gold Chain, My own fender eliminator,
              3BBB turn signal mirrors,
              Black painted seat and rear trim,
              Nelson-Rigg CL-135, CL-150, CL-950.

Comment

Working...