X

G&J Aircraft Brake Lines

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BarMatt80 View Post
    It must be a difference with what the kat uses or that they were just out. I know the 919 version they make they ship or atleast use to (last one was shipped in november) came with all new crush washers and the appropriate hardware for a 2 line front setup and a single rear (double for the reservoir, single for each caliper in the front and for the rear two singles.

tmod....the one for the prekat.....did you have them put a fittin on the front lines to screw into the calipers like oem or banjo? As i know they can do it either way.
    I don't have a pre kat or do I know anyone local that has one so I can't check anything out on those. Was that a group buy for the 919 maybe they ordered the bolts and what not in special.

Tmod

Comment

No it isn't a group buy, it is an open ended agreement that I can call in and say I am a member of wrist twisters and i need a set of lines for my 919.

the 3 lines, all the banjo bolts and copper washers.

Now i don't know if they had to order them to include in the package or not, but it includes EVERYTHING you need to do the swap like if you bought goodridge, or any other after market set.

now for pre's or any other bike they can do other fittings, banjo or An:

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

No it isn't a group buy, it is an open ended agreement that I can call in and say I am a member of wrist twisters and i need a set of lines for my 919.

Now i don't know if they had to order them to include in the package or not, but it includes EVERYTHING you need to do the swap like if you bought goodridge, or any other after market set.

Yep George knew the name wrist twisters so I was at the right place, I didn't know the name. They have those fittings in stock as I saw some lines with those fittings on them. However all he said he had was the aluminum banjo bolts and hit did not recommend them. He just carried them as some customers had asked for them in the past. I might be headed back over there Wednesday so I can re-confirm all of this.

Tmod

Comment

Hey Matt,

My apologies as George and I must have not been on the same page in regards to what G&J have in stock. They do have the steel banjo bolts and the copper washers as well and the total price George gave me for a 3 line kit was $70.00 USD. That is for a 2 line front with bolts and washers and the 1 line rear with bolts and washers. You also have the choice of whatever color you see in the first post. They made a rear line for me so George has that info as well. The 2 line kit is a exact replica of the bends and length of the 2 line HEL set.

I did get my HEL lines from HS2020 and they are gorgeous lines and very flexible, If you want the fanciest lines out there get the HEL's if you want something that is more affordable and offer the same performance then the G&J is right up your alley. Also as a note G&J does NOT offer colored bolts or fittings so if ya want those then HEL would be the way to go. G&J only offers silver in the bolts and banjo fittings.

I should specify that George has the dimensions for my 06 750 Kat and I don't know what years are the same so if you order for a early (pre) kat then you would have to supply dimensions or send me the stock lines and I can take them over there.

NOTE: I am not making any money or getting any freebies from G&J lines, I just like to see the little guy stay in business is all and they are cool people there.

Tmod
          Last edited by Tmod; 01-21-2009, 02:29 PM.

Comment

awesome thanks Tmod. $70 for a whole 3 line set with washers and bolts is what they have for the 919.

I don't think you can go wrong, expecially on a budget.

Appreciate it again. We just need a pre kat to send their lines in now, and the other models so we have all the kats covered.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

I just received my new rear line from Tmod/G&J...and I only have one thing to say.......BEAUTIFUL!

now i just need time to install it/bleed out the brake...

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
              You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

I'm not sure why this thread got moved away, but I put it back.

Tmod isn't selling anything here, he is just helping provide an alternative to cash-strapped members trying to freshen up their machines.
                -Steve

sigpic
                Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post

Tmod isn't selling anything here, he is just helping provide an alternative to cash-strapped members trying to freshen up their machines.
                  big +1

thanks again steves, i appreciate as well as other members.

Threads like this is what makes kr what they are. Members willing to assist others in bettering their bikes where they can and how they can.

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post

Thanks for bringing this back Steve, I never was or will ever be my intent to sell a product that will conflict with what is offered here on the forum. I am NOT selling these lines and to those who may think that I was I apologize but you were mistaken.

Tmod
                    Last edited by Tmod; 01-26-2009, 07:52 PM.

Comment

IT was me that moved it. I WAS WRONG. I am OPENLY telling everyone and to Terry who has helped me out a great deal I WAS WRONG and I am very sorry. That is what I get for reading things while doing my day job. I took it out of context and I am sorry to all KR Members.
                      www.mopowersports.com

Comment

An update for the sake of posterity. Please share the info around because I couldn't find it.

Brake line lengths:

Pre Katana 600 (verified on 1997 model)

2 line setup in the front.
                        Left side (long side) should be 29"
                        Right side (short side/reservoir side) should be 27"
                        Rear line should be 20"

Connection at the front reservoir will require a 2 banjo fitting sized banjo bolt with 3 washers. Single banjo fitting sized bolt and 2 washers per caliper connection.

Connection at rear will be a single banjo fitting bolt with 2 washers for each end of the line.

Measurements derived from center of banjo fitting to center of banjo fitting. Add 0.5" if you go to the end edge of banjo fitting to the end edge of banjo fitting.

This assumes you use straight banjo fittings and not 90 degree bend ones.

I don't know the thread sizing for the banjo bolts.

In order to make this as comprehensive as possible would anyone else check and confirm on their bikes so we can get the lengths needed for each model and year? This would make it dead simple for ordering for everyone!

Comment

Current Bike: 2005 SV1000S K5 Red, 7,xxx miles, Hot Bodies Double Bubble Tinted Screen, Hot Bodies Fender Eliminator, Pirelli Diablo Rossi's, LED Flush Mounts, Front/Side/Rear Sliders, PC-III USB, K&N Air Filter, aTRE Mod, TechSpec Tank Grips, Solo Seat Cowl, Corbin Seat, HEL SS Brake/Clutch Lines.

Working on installing: TPS mod

Anyone who loves their bike uses Rotella T6!

Comment

Originally posted by Bright Wire View Post
                            An update for the sake of posterity. Please share the info around because I couldn't find it.

Brake line lengths:

Pre Katana 600 (verified on 1997 model)

2 line setup in the front.
                            Left side (long side) should be 29"
                            Right side (short side/reservoir side) should be 27"
                            Rear line should be 20"

Connection at the front reservoir will require a 2 banjo fitting sized banjo bolt with 3 washers. Single banjo fitting sized bolt and 2 washers per caliper connection.

Connection at rear will be a single banjo fitting bolt with 2 washers for each end of the line.

Measurements derived from center of banjo fitting to center of banjo fitting. Add 0.5" if you go to the end edge of banjo fitting to the end edge of banjo fitting.

This assumes you use straight banjo fittings and not 90 degree bend ones.

I don't know the thread sizing for the banjo bolts.

In order to make this as comprehensive as possible would anyone else check and confirm on their bikes so we can get the lengths needed for each model and year? This would make it dead simple for ordering for everyone!
                            this info is very great info to have anyways.

what has happened on the other forum that i first discovered g&j, is that someone sends them a set of oem lines(of course after calling and setting this up) they make a jig, so future users just have to call say this is my bike, i want this color, ship it here.

That is the best way, that way the banjo fittins are rotated correctly and that you are not calling in all these specs.

What i like about that is they fit like they should, no generic setups like other companies have. Also a popular mod people do on my bike is swap from stock to renthal ultra low bars(get rid of vibes, better looks), knowing the lows are 1" inch shorter than stock, i know i can call in say make the front two 1" inch shorter than stock, they ship them out.

got to find a source for the kat banjo bolts, they don't have em.
                            Last edited by BarMatt80; 02-02-2009, 01:00 AM.

Comment

Tmod,
                              If your offer still stands to do the legwork on that end, I have a set of pre-750 lines pulled and ready to ship. Let me know what address and how to fund the work. If your schedule doesn't permit, just say and I will correspond with G&J directly. My intent is to ship four lines (3 front/1 rear) and the bolts/fittings; if they can't replace anything I need it back

Thanks for this offer!
                              Touch
                              Last edited by Touch; 02-02-2009, 07:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Touch View Post
                                Tmod,
                                If your offer still stands to do the legwork on that end, I have a set of pre-750 lines pulled and ready to ship. Let me know what address and how to fund the work. If your schedule doesn't permit, just say and I will correspond with G&J directly. My intent is to ship four lines (3 front/1 rear) and the bolts/fittings; if they can't replace anything I need it back

Thanks for this offer!
                                Touch
                                Sent ya a PM with my addy.

Let me know when ya send them.

Tmod

Comment

Working...
                                X