X

G&J Aircraft Brake Lines

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G&J Aircraft Brake Lines

BarMatt80 clued me into a place that is close to me that makes custom brake lines for bikes as well as other vehicles and aircraft. They use hose manufactured by Titeflex which is used in Aerospace, Commercial as well as Automotive applications. After talking a bit and telling George (One owner) that I wanted a custom 2 line set he sat with me for a bit and we figured out what I needed and off he went to the back to make it up for me. About 10 minutes later he came back with most of the line set complete but he wanted me to verify how I wanted the top fittings to be rotated and once I verified that he was correct he went back and returned a few minutes later with a completed set of brake lines. I got the color they call smoked and my measurement was correct after installing on the bike. The C to C measurement for me was 33.5" with the master cylinder fittings rotated 90 degress from the caliper fittings. I was happy with the quick service that I sent him to the back to get me a 3 line (Stock) line set made just for a example in the nice looking blue sheath this time. He returned a while later with everything rotated exactly like the factory lines with the same bends in the fittings and all. All in all I paid $49.00 USD for the 2 line set and $50.00 USD for the 3 line set for a total of $99.00 for 2 sets of lines. I asked about a Katriders Discount but with those prices he said they couldn't cut the cost anymore. I did leave my stock lines with George and told him the years they fit so if anyone wants braided brake lines I would suggest they contact George and tell him what ya want. If anyone needs anything special or wants me to pick them up a set (I am not paying for them) I would be more than happy to help ya out. I am attaching some images of the colors they have for the sheathing and they use silver colored ends on all lines and they are steel and not aluminum. They don't sell the banjo bolts as they suggest just re-using the stock ones. Well anyway here are the images.

G&J Aircraft & Competition
    Contact George Fishback Jr.
    909-986-6534

Colors Available:

2 Line Smoked Sheath:

3 Line Set in Blue Sheathing:

Tmod
    Last edited by Tmod; 04-14-2014, 08:41 PM.

Nice.. They look good
    I am King Sam

--I have a wedgie!
    --It's a thong, just relax and accept the string.

Comment

with a two line set you can't use the stock banjo bolt at the master cylinder. You mean just use the dual banjo bolt at the splitter?

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
        with a two line set you can't use the stock banjo bolt at the master cylinder. You mean just use the dual banjo bolt at the splitter?
        I mean if you decide to go with a 2 line setup use the double banjo bolt at the splitter and use it at the master cylinder. If you use the three line setup all remains the same.

Tmod

Comment

cool

Comment

awesome TMod...appreciate it.

I am surprised they didn't have the hardware as the people i know on the other site get new bolts and washers.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

Originally posted by BarMatt80 View Post
              awesome TMod...appreciate it.

I am surprised they didn't have the hardware as the people i know on the other site get new bolts and washers.
              They had black aluminum ends but even they didn't recommend those.

Tmod

Comment

Terry do they have a coating over the stainless steel? Also send me all their information.
                www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Originally posted by HS2020 View Post
                  Terry do they have a coating over the stainless steel? Also send me all their information.
                  What do you mean coating? Like powdercoating or some protective shield?

All the info I already posted as they are a very small shop, No dealers or anything else with them.

Tmod

Comment

Originally posted by Tmod View Post
                    What do you mean coating? Like powdercoating or some protective shield?

Tmod

yeah i think he was speaking in reference to that they are just not bare colored stainless, but have the rubber like covering like other ss lines.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

Originally posted by BarMatt80 View Post
                      yeah i think he was speaking in reference to that they are just not bare colored stainless, but have the rubber like covering like other ss lines.
                      Hmmm makes me wonder if that is the case did he even look at the first post.

Tmod

Comment

I guess I am missing it in the first post too. By reading the words and looking at the pictures I am concluding they are stainless steel lines with a translucent colored plastic sheathing. Your banjo fittings look brand new; when you say they don't have the fitting available, do you mean the bolt and crush washers or do you mean the hose end piece? If I send them a set of hoses to use as a sample, will they return me two usable sets (old and new) or will my old set be cannibalized for fittings?

Thanks for posting this, it looks like a great product and I am very interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Touch View Post
                          I guess I am missing it in the first post too. By reading the words and looking at the pictures I am concluding they are stainless steel lines with a translucent colored plastic sheathing. Your banjo fittings look brand new; when you say they don't have the fitting available, do you mean the bolt and crush washers or do you mean the hose end piece? If I send them a set of hoses to use as a sample, will they return me two usable sets (old and new) or will my old set be cannibalized for fittings?

Thanks for posting this, it looks like a great product and I am very interested.
                          I meant the bolts not the hose fittings I guess I should clarify that. Yes they will return your hoses if ya ask them to. Yes they do use all new hose ends and do not use or cannibalize anything.

EDIT: Ok corrected the first post to bolt instead of fitting.

If ya want send me the lines and I will take them over there and make sure everything is correct before leaving there, And send them back to ya.

What bike and year do you have?

Tmod
                          Last edited by Tmod; 01-17-2009, 11:25 AM.

Comment

One thing to note that came to light after a discussion with TMod. All the pres will need to get 2 single line banjo bolts. The PRe's screw directly into the calipers on the front so you end up missing the banjo bolts to match the ends of the lines. You should be able to cannibalize the double banjo bolt from the splitter to use up at the brake reservoir though.

This assumes you go with a two line setup instead of the stock 3 line setup (1 to 2 with splitter). Heck, if HS can source good banjo bolts and include them in the kits this would be a heck of a great business deal.

Comment

It must be a difference with what the kat uses or that they were just out. I know the 919 version they make they ship or atleast use to (last one was shipped in november) came with all new crush washers and the appropriate hardware for a 2 line front setup and a single rear (double for the reservoir, single for each caliper in the front and for the rear two singles.

tmod....the one for the prekat.....did you have them put a fittin on the front lines to screw into the calipers like oem or banjo? As i know they can do it either way.

Comment

Working...
                              X