X

Build Your Own Swingarm?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by strn365 View Post
    seriously radar56 love ur avatar been watching it for like 30 min now. Still laughing
    Yeah i found that one day and laugh everytime I look at it. I excited to hopefully get started working here in the next two weeks.

Winter Project:
    2002 Katana 600
    -Buell Seat
    -Custom Swingarm?
    -Custom Fairings?
    -Major Cleaning of everything

Comment

I have built several swing arms, all from chrome moly. If you use less than .125" wall, you really don't need to heat treat, according to my carbon equivilency calculations. However, it doesn't hurt either, if you powder coat, you actually do exactly the recommended heat treatment for that wall thickness.

On my Z1 swinger, I made it look as stock as possible, with only some bracing giving it away- but it was over 10 pounds lighter than stock when I was finished!

I water-jet cut my own axle plates, made to mimic the stock axle plates, so I could use all stock adjuster hardware.

I will try to get a pic sometime, I don't have one on my computer

Comment

Originally posted by Anoucka View Post
        Hi Radar,

I found this in dad's drawings.
        Perhaps you can do something with it

best off regards, Anoucka

I sent you a PM regarding this swing arm- care to hep a brutha out?

Comment

hey radar... if you finish that swing arm and get it to work, i garuntee u could make some good money on here.... i kno myself, and quite a few others would be willing to pay top dollar to get our hands on something like this.... just throwing the idea out there

RIP joe iwanski ... ALWAYS MISSED, NEVER FORGOTTEN!!

RIP MARC...PEGS ARE ETERNALLY DOWN FOR YOU BROTHER
          "for those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know"

my build threads
          http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=103472
          http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=105768

Comment

Originally posted by airforceranger49 View Post
            hey radar... if you finish that swing arm and get it to work, i garuntee u could make some good money on here.... i kno myself, and quite a few others would be willing to pay top dollar to get our hands on something like this.... just throwing the idea out there
            I highly doubt I will be selling anything like this. I can't trust my self with something this important on other peoples bikes.

Thanks though

Winter Project:
            2002 Katana 600
            -Buell Seat
            -Custom Swingarm?
            -Custom Fairings?
            -Major Cleaning of everything

Comment

nice pipes bud off the zx10r = ive recently picked a set up cheap too - titanium too I think also!!! are you just going to fab some mating flanges to join the system?

Comment

Working...
              X