X

Float height gauges & 12mm hex

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Float height gauges & 12mm hex

I have been talking to some of the staff here and what I had in mind is make a limited run of float height gauges and 12mm hex tools for the front axle. I was just going to make some but then thought hey what if nobody really cares to have them. I am gearing this more toward the nembies with limited funds as most of you long timers already have everything you need.

What they will be is one tool for setting 14.6mm floats with a +/- 1 mm on each side of the tool as well as the 14.6. the other will be the 13mm tool with a +/- 1mm on each side as well as the 13mm and the width of these tools will be the same width as the float bowl mating surface so you would just need to set it on the surface and check the floats.

The other one is the 12mm axle bolts and yes you can buy one but in my immediate need I made one out of 3/4" hex stock and stuck it in the mill and cut a 12mm hex on the end of it. So basically you would use a 3/4" wrench on this tool and that will loosen the axle on the front.

These items will be FREE, Yes I said free. I cannot however cover postage.

So if anyone is interested give me some feedback so I know what quantity I am looking at or just tell me this is a stupid idea. I am trying to give back to the members here for the information that I have received.

Tmod
    Last edited by Black_peter; 07-19-2008, 07:41 AM. Reason: Fixed title

the 98+ float height is +/- .5mm not 1mm

Comment

Ok then +/- .5mm it is on the 98+.

Tmod

Comment

id be interested in a float height tool for a pre... id even pay for it
        Rc51 sp2 power commander 3 with custom tune, speedcell battery, titanium rear subframe, sato banzi full titanium exhaust, 16/42 sprockets, turn one carbon fiber airbox and snorkel, sato rearsets scotts damper cgr shorty levers.... more added everyday

1997 kat 600: b12 rear shock, jetted and vance and hines full exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by forsaken View Post
          id be interested in a float height tool for a pre... id even pay for it
          I will not accept any payment beyond the cost of shipping. Ok so one for the pre then.

You got a socket for the front axle or is that a different size then the 12mm.

Tmod

Comment

i have a socket
            Rc51 sp2 power commander 3 with custom tune, speedcell battery, titanium rear subframe, sato banzi full titanium exhaust, 16/42 sprockets, turn one carbon fiber airbox and snorkel, sato rearsets scotts damper cgr shorty levers.... more added everyday

1997 kat 600: b12 rear shock, jetted and vance and hines full exhaust.

Comment

I assume the float height tool you're talking about will come over with a straight edge over the top of the float so you know you're exact, correct? If so, I'll definately take one, using a ruler is more of a guessing game.
              97 GSX600F
              76 CB750F
              71 CB175

Comment

Yes the gauge will have a bridge and the distance from that bridge to the base will be whatever that gauge is designed to measure. Doing this work on a cnc so tolerance will be +/- .001. Can hold tighter but in this case that is not needed.

For those that do want one of these tools please state which one you want and if you want all three or just two I don't care as you are paying the postage. The postal option is your choice so it can be priority or just first class.

I have not made these yet and as I wanted to get a idea if anyone would even want them so by the end of next week I should have something ready to send out. I have to wait for open mill time.

Tmod

Comment

I'll take one to for my 93 kat 600!!

Comment

I'd like to get one to use with my 1990 750 Kat. Thanks!

Comment

Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

Hate to be a bother, but got any photos of what the float height adjuster would look like?
                        "Pleasant experiences make life enjoyable, painful experiences lead to growth" - cheap Chinese fortune cookie

Comment

Originally posted by Teh_K View Post
                          Hate to be a bother, but got any photos of what the float height adjuster would look like?
                          At this moment in time no I don't, I have been testing machinist candidates for that last three days and have not had any time to sit down on the CAM program and draw it up.

But it will start out a square and then on three sides have a notch cut into it with each notch engraved with the size that it is. All sides will be surfaced so all dimensions cut will be within tolerance.

Sorry that is all I have for you right now.

Just out of curiosity though what are you looking for in the image, Maybe I can address your concern.

Tmod

Comment

I'll take one to for my 98 kat 600!!

Comment

I'd love one for the pre-98's. Assuming payment by paypal?

What do you mean you won't take anything beyond postage?!?!
                              Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Working...
                              X