No announcement yet.
X

my final mod.......

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looks sick, i cant wait to get my new subframe in and the tail. I think this idea is going to look better than the R6 I was going to use anyway

Ill be watching this for sure though

I wanna guess the exhausts are Blueflame dual tip?
    Uh Oh here we go....

Comment

3.30 at night now, gues i've got to go to sleep
      wheels, sprockets and shock are lined up now, a new problem occurred the midpipe won't fit due too the "bulge" off the swingarm.., will have to redesign it (or will I place the cans in the tail?)
      Btw the exhaustsystem that's for the headers, midpipe and cans is handmade by Carbon Can co in England (scorched titanium)

Comment

All you noobs should check out Kwebbels dash/gauges mod! (do a search)

Comment

hey kwebbel can you post pics of that dash you made? I found the thread but all the pics are gone. I wish I had the welding skill so I could be so much further into my build but mine is going to come down to having alot of extra cash laying around to pay someone to do it for me unfortunately
          Uh Oh here we go....

Comment

Take courses in welding bro, it will payback

got no pics around at the moment, but there are some in the album
            (modified and customs page 12 and 13)

Comment

Hey like the mod.. what are you going to use for a rear set set-up? How was the swingarm fitment, does it use the same bearings? Did you run into clearance issues with the engine? When researching my swing arm mod I talked to a guy over at race tech and he said the optimal swing arm angle (rotated clockwise from the 3 oclock position) was 12.5 degrees. Just sharing some geometry stuff that could help with the set-up...

Comment

I tried to sign up for courses and they were filled already
                Uh Oh here we go....

Comment

What gauge steel are you using for the upper shock mounts?> Also what gauge steel tube did you use for the tail?
                  Uh Oh here we go....

Comment

Originally posted by guy2600
                    Hey like the mod.. what are you going to use for a rear set set-up? How was the swingarm fitment, does it use the same bearings? Did you run into clearance issues with the engine? When researching my swing arm mod I talked to a guy over at race tech and he said the optimal swing arm angle (rotated clockwise from the 3 oclock position) was 12.5 degrees. Just sharing some geometry stuff that could help with the set-up...

no rear set setup, Swingarmfitment does use the original bearings (made some bronze bushings) no clearance-issues with the engine, opted for 14 degrees (wanted to be the wheelbase a little shorter)

Originally posted by BlackKatnWV
                    What gauge steel are you using for the upper shock mounts?> Also what gauge steel tube did you use for the tail?
                    chromolybdeen steel, TIG welded, the whole frame will be powdercoated once ready

Comment

I plan on powdercoating everything once Im done. I guess when I go to have the brackets n stuff welded Ill get their opinion on what to use.
                      Uh Oh here we go....

Comment

what do you think?
                        Had to design a complete new midpipe, this one is not the final version.

Comment

wow thats gonna be a beast. cant wait to see the final outcome. are you going with side fairings or mechanical look? keep us updated!

-noodlemice

Comment

WOW - no better words to describe it!!!
                            i pitty the fool that dont ride oldskool

Comment

freeking gorgeous. everything about that back end looks great. swingarm, tail, exhaust... Well done.
                              http://rides.webshots.com/album/552670376QLcRnn?start=0

Comment

I like the dual exhausts........just not sure about the dual tips.......looking good though
                                Uh Oh here we go....

Comment

Working...
                                X