X

Kat 06 600 starting problem

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kat 06 600 starting problem

Hi guys, I have been in the same problem for long long time, haven't had the time to work on it because at the end the bike starts always, but definitety don't like it, here is the thing: It is a 2006, 600, when I try to start, mostly it happens the fisrt start of the day, but it is not a hard rule, the engine begins spinning and then "clack" thats literally the noise I hear and the engine gets stucked, and then it won't even move anymore. whats the temporarily fix I use? i switch to 1st or 2nd gear, walk a few steps back and forth and try a couple more times until finally starts. The battery is new, I just adjusted the clutch gear to the recommended torque, and as everybody here I don't Want to take the bike to the mechanics without any clue of what this could be or if it is a DIY fix. Thank you guys.
    Plato argued that the minimum drinking age should be 18, and then wine in moderation may be tasted until 31. When a man reaches 40, he may drink as much as he wants to cure the “crabbedness of old age”

Starter clutch gear and or its parts.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

I would suggest you check the starter and alternator are properly mounted and bolts properly torqued.

If either get loose, it can bind the engine.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
      X