X

Starting problem, need help

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting problem, need help

So i have a 95 katana 750. the problem im having is it is hard to start sometimes, and then once i have been riding for a few minutes, stop somewhere and shut it off, it does not want to start back up, 3 times i have stoppedat home for 5 minutes, walked back out to leave and the bike would not start. also i can only use the start for 10 to 15 seconds before the battery is dead (dont know if that is normal) the bike had a new battery,oil,spark plugs, carbs re tuned and some other maintnence done last fall from my uncle and i bought the bike a month ago. anyone know what the problem could be??

Also i do know when i first got the bike i left the ignion on the P position insted of off by mistake, the tail light was on all night and killed the battery before i even rode it once. i charged it and it did run good for the first few days after. then the problems started happening
    Last edited by AustinF19; 04-23-2012, 04:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Provided that while running your charging system is putting out around 14 volts, I'd say bad battery. The only able to crank for 10-15 seconds is the clue there.

Comment

that is what i am starting to think. i did notice after i had the bike charging for around 4 hours it started right up vs the usual few seconds to start

Comment

May want to check the fluid levels in the battery and top it off. Charging it boils the fluid off, and running them completely dead is hard on them.

Comment

Working...
        X