X

About to buy a 08 Sv650

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About to buy a 08 Sv650

Little bit of a step up from my 91 kat. Bike has 12,232mi on it been down once and has a couple scuffs. No big deal for me.

Anybody know what to look for on this bike when buying it?

Brake lines look good, fork seals fine, no rust, ect.
    thanks guys\

yay i am going to be FI!!!!

Pics can be found here
    http://www.svrider.com/forum/showthr...80#post2465180
    Last edited by 1swifthawaiian7; 02-05-2012, 06:23 PM.

Check the condition of the brake rotors... chain, sprockets.. see how soft the rear shock is.. they are crappy from the factory, check the forks too.. they can be weak as well.

those are probably gsxr 600 forks.. some years are direct swaps...
    Last edited by GSXFJim; 02-05-2012, 06:58 PM.
    http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
    http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
    '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
    "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
    "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Comment

Great upgrade but my 02 kat 600 with 17,000 miles would beat a SV 650 I believe . Inclines rule .

Comment

Originally posted by H-2 CHARLIE View Post
        Great upgrade but my 02 kat 600 with 17,000 miles would beat a SV 650 I believe . Inclines rule .
        Honestly It didnt feel very quick. And the stock handle bar position sucks, puts you straight up in the air. Gonna need to fix that.

I feel that my 91 kat is quicker.. But I wanna get fuel injected.. I love my 91 fighter its gonna be hard to see her go... Whats a fair price considering

I just did brakes, replaced tires, spark plugs, oil, carbs cleaned, r6 shock, 23k, bike really needs nothing. maybe a chain..

Comment

Katanas aren't worth anything honestly. If you get $500 I'd be happy with that.

Comment

Originally posted by H-2 CHARLIE View Post
            The SV650 has almost identical HP and 7 more ft lbs of torque, and about 70 lbs less weight. I'd have a hard time believing this one.

Comment

bike is extremely flickable more so than my 91 kat witha r6 shock. more usable power throughout the rpms, I think because its a twin. PLus its fuel injected

Comment

Anything is more "flickable" than a Katana.

Comment

Your katana is a streetfighter?

Good luck selling it...

As for the quarter mile argument, they're both 12 second bikes...just dont expect the SV to be any faster and you're good
                  90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                  I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                  Originally posted by soulless kaos
                  but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

sold it for 1100. SV is a little quicker but not by much, Its got more torque so wheelies become more natural.. Not that Ill be doing that.. Even with the stock suspension the SV handles much better.

Comment

Working...
                    X