X

Really considering getting a 2001 SV650S

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really considering getting a 2001 SV650S

Anyone ride this bike and absolutely fall in love with it? There is one for really cheap thats been garaged its whole life that I am really interested.

I ride some with a guy who owns one. I really like it. I would say if you can get a good deal on it, do it
    If it aint broke fix it till it is

Comment

I've ridden one, I liked it a lot.

Extremely capable bike.
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I'd do it in a heartbeat. Was eyeballing an sv1000 a couple days ago.
        sigpic

Comment

Wikipedia says its only has 71 hp? and from the research I have done its still carb'd being a 2001 650s. My pre Kat has 86 hp.I have had my eyes on this bike for quite sometime. But I def dont want to take a step back in power.. my 91 only has 23k on it, and this 650 has 27k.

Wiki also says that the 650"s" has lower handle bars for a more sportier feel.

anyone ever ride the "S" I am 5'8 175 and I personally love the way my kat feels. I hate the way my buddies r6 feels, its like I am almost over the front wheel.

Comment

In my opinion, an SV 650 that isn't fuel injected is a complete waste. Also, if it's not an "S", forget it.

Comment

The SVs do good in the cyns but the speed tripple is a better little cyn runner .

Comment

Check the weight difference and call me in the morning...

I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Not much knowledge about the pre FI versions but the SVs is one awesome lil' bike!
                  sigpic

Comment

I was thinking about getting an '05. If I was going SV650, I'd be going EFI (03+). They're fun rides, pretty quick, and handle great. One of the ones I rode on had a Two Brothers exhaust... and it sounded thoroughly BAD ***.
                    2006 Katana GSX750F

Comment

Originally posted by WebDevDan View Post
                      I was thinking about getting an '05. If I was going SV650, I'd be going EFI (03+). They're fun rides, pretty quick, and handle great. One of the ones I rode on had a Two Brothers exhaust... and it sounded thoroughly BAD ***.

My son has a Akropovic on his '07 and it sounds wicked.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tdrcomm View Post
                        My son has a Akropovic on his '07 and it sounds wicked.
                        Rub it in why dont you...

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                          Rub it in why dont you...

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X