X

carb heater temperature sensor!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carb heater temperature sensor!

Does anyone know where on the UK models the carb heater sensor is hidden? i'm having trouble with carb freeze so want to see if it is in a good location already.

what exactly is carb freeze ?

I never understood that UK model carb thing.
    2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Simple version is where the wind chill of the cold air coming through the carbs freezes the water particles in the air and essentially chokes the carbs with ice. because of our reasonably wet climate we can suffer carb icing fequently in our winter months, carb heaters are fitted to ease the problem.

Comment

understood
        2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

I didn't know there was a sensor involved, I had always expected just an extra set of wires into the carb bodies with an on/off switch.
          -Steve

sigpic
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

the manual doesnt make it any easyer.

to me it looks like a switch too not a thermostat even though they call it "thermo switch"

kind of confusing. I think by thermo they dont mean thermostat they mean "coldweather"

so , do you know where the switch is ? that might be the "thermostat" youre looking for.

and it would be an easy task to measure if it works with a multimeter.
            2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

it is really just a thermostat,

Comment

Sec 11 under Carbs in the manual. Looks very similar to the bandit setup which has the thermo switch on a cross member under the rear of the tank and just above the carbs. On the Bandit the thermo switch is two blue wires going into a black disc about 3/4" diam and 1/8" thick. Hope this is of some use.

Stobie

Comment

This is the location on a Bandit. I would expect it to be similar on the Kat.

Comment

cheers stobie, i've never had a bandit with the stat in that location, (always been moved by previous owners) if it is in the same location on the kat that would explain why it works so crap, suzuki always put them in places that are to hot.

Comment

Working...
                    X