No announcement yet.
X

2011 cbr250r

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks too much like the new VFR imho, the new vfr is the ugliest bike honda has come out with in the past 20 years. The kawi ninja 250 looks way better than this. it looks more sporty
    Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
    Current Bikes:
    1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

Originally posted by STULER View Post
      Looks too much like the new VFR imho, the new vfr is the ugliest bike honda has come out with in the past 20 years. The kawi ninja 250 looks way better than this. it looks more sporty
      true its kinda ugly but have to rode one?
      holy crap they are so nice, great power but you feel like your on a SS bike it handles that well and the brakes... let me say I have never rode a bike with brakes that are that powerful and still all the feed back you could want.
      98 GSX750F
      95 Honda VT600 vlx
      08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
        Just out of curiosity, what causes one to "grow out of" a motorcycle? I ask because despite the slow, fast, and stupid fast bikes I've ridden, I've never felt this sensation. Are you assuming a bike is grown out of once you aren't afraid of it anymore?..... because while the Busa gave me the giggles when I cracked it open, I haven't found myself actually afraid of any motorcycle for a long time. Does that mean I've outgrown the sport? Or do you think that you have outgrown a bike when you are able to ride it to the limit of its capabilities? If that is the case, then we should probably all be on 250's, because there are probably only a few on this board who could actually race competitively in the 250 classes..... the rest of us just aren't capable of riding those little bikes to their limit. Or do you suppose that a bike is outgrown when you can't find fun in riding it anymore? If that is the case, then I never have to worry about this sensation, because I still get a big kick out of riding XR50's around with my friends.

I don't know..... maybe it's just me, but that statement bothers me a lot. Motorcycling for me has never been about riding the fastest bike that I feel that I can handle. I like to go fast now and then, sure. I like knowing that it takes me all of 11 seconds to get to 120mph when I feel like it....... but taking 10.5 to reach 130mph doesn't really feel any more exciting, and taking 12 seconds to reach 115 doesn't feel slow and boring. I guess I just don't get it.
        by "growing out of it" I meant that you no longer need a learning bike. you can begin to explore what you like about riding motorcycles, too. There comes a point when you have to decide whether you want a touring, sport touring, sport, or anything else that fits your purpose. There is nothing wrong with a ninja 250, but it may not be the best on highways or for two up because it doesn't have the power. It is still a good all-around bike, just not as exciting when you roll on the throttle as a bigger displacement engine. I have to hop on highways and i would hate to have the same acceleration in something that other motorists can't see as my car, which is easily visible. A ninja does a quarter in 15.58s at 89mph. That's a big difference from 12s or 10.5 s. I actually thought about getting the ninja, but it seemed way too small for 6'1". I rode a yamaha 250 for the MSF course and it was the worst thing i had ever rode. Sure, you could throw it around, but it lacked any thrilling power. I probably hated it even more because the foot pegs were towards the front and the handle bars too high. it might surprise some of you, but i like the feet back, laying on the tank style. It feels more like i am in control instead of riding a Lazy Boy sofa on two wheels.

Considering I just got to work today doing about 80mph (going with the flow of traffic) and someone tried to clip the rear of my bike getting into my lane, i would say i like having a little extra acceleration available.

I understand most off you probably spend more time on your bikes, but i have a bike as just a weekend toy that i can enjoy. i don't want more than that. If my toy is as slow as my car, why buy it when it can get me hurt worse?

i like to go fast, but i can get a fast car as they not as reliable. Sure someone will say my car never broke down and it is so fast. To that i say, i have worked a tow truck driver and most of the cars i picked up were those v8 mustangs, camaros, and everything dodge. European cars are just as notorious for breaking down. i have seen many people have trouble with boosted cars. The cars i didn't see were those cars that are bought more frequently, but don't have any performance (like camerys, accords, civics, corollas, etc.). So what? well, i would rather have a reliable, slow car that gets me to school, work, and home every time. I would also like to have fast bike that i can use as a toy. If it breaks down, oh well; I got my car. If my bike is about as slow as my slow, but reliable, car, then what sense does it make to have a weekend toy? Because i would like something fast to play with on good days, i would grow out of a ninja 250. A 125cc dirt bike is far more fun than a 250cc street bike. They are still good if you live and work in a city or don't travel on a highway regularly or have a passenger. Otherwise, it's like trying to use a 10mm socket to screw in a phillips head screw. Does that explain growing out in enough words? (not trying to offend anyone. Everyone here has helped me multiple times with the bike.)

My sister-in-law's younger sister, Roxy, also has grown out of her ninja 500. From what i hear, she is not a squid and hates them, too. She just wants more power and acceleration.

i also don't want the fastest bike i can handle. i will never get a gsxr 1k or r1 or Busa because it is too much power for the streets. A 600 is probably the biggest sportbike i will ever get. Maybe a 750, but that's pushing it. i am not going cross country on a bike. I have seen the country and the middle parts don't suit me. i will be comfortable on them since i will only ride for a few hours tops.
        Last edited by newkatbie; 10-28-2010, 06:06 PM.

Comment

The only bikes I have "grown out of" were my old Honda's. 350's 175's 160's even 500 singles just don't cut it for the riding situation down here in Florida.

I still love them and would ride them, but they just do not keep up with the stupid fast highway speeds around here with any comfort.
          "We are not all beautiful unique flowers. Some of us have bad ideas and bad taste and the things we do come out awful, no matter how much work we put in."

Comment

Mini sport bikes are fun!

I have a 49 HP (rated) '81 Suzuki GS550T. It's set up as a cafe bike, and I have a blast riding that up and down my favorite country roads. It can handle the bumps easy and turns in great. My '93 750 Kat is good as well on the bumpy stuff, but it's way fast and makes it all too easy. Workin' the little GS out all the way is great fun.
            This Honda sounds appealing because it reminds me of the miniature superbikes that have only been available overseas. I like the Ninja 250 even better, but they sell for just as much as a 600cc sportbike.
            Bill

Comment

I am trying to figure out the fender delete on this one. Because that is ONE ugly fender.

Comment

I rode the 125 ...small and light but fun urban vehicle....;but I will stay wih my 600 and 750 bacause I can bet it will lag on the freeway.......

Sure looks sweet though.............Price Tag????? anyone?
                sigpic
                98 Katana 750 89 Katana 600
                Corbin Gunfighter & Scorpion Pipe

Comment

I rode an 06 250 for a couple summers and it was a lot of fun through town, cheap to buy & insure! The downside was that my wants/needs began to change as I started doing more 2 up riding and longer trips. I like seeing honda bring a smaller US sport bike into the game to compete with Kawasaki. Not everybody wants or needs the fastest sportbike available but sales and marketing would have you believe otherwise..
                  sigpic2006 GSX600F

Comment

These were already released in Thailand (built here, I believe since there is no import tax for this model). It's available as a CBR150R and CBR250R. Haven't had a chance to ride one here, but it's gonna compete nicely against the Ninja250R
                    WTB: ANY Katana located in Bangkok, Thailand. :-/

Comment

Saw in a mag yesterday that the price is $3999 which is right in line with the Ninjette. I think it looks cute, but I'm growing out of the 250

And by growing out of, I don't mean that I don't love the 250's and think they are comfortable and great bikes. I might/probably eventually will get another one someday when the heartbreak from losing mine fades. It's great fun, good in town and "flicky" in the curves. However, my riding companions are on 600+ machines, most have 750s. It takes a LOT of work on a 250 to not quite keep up with a 750 going at a moderate pace. Moving up to the 600 was like driving an automatic w/cruise control by comparison. If I were riding by myself or using it as a commuter vehicle, I'd choose a 250, but for 85% of my riding I'm chasing the taillights on a 750 so I prefer the 600 for that.
                      Get over yourself. For me to think you are an idiot, I would first need to think of you.

sigpic

Comment

Man. . . I miss the USA. Anything on 2 wheels is restricted off the toll-ways. The toll-ways are the only suitable place to open up anything bigger than 400cc. The damn streets here, you'll go airborne doing anything over 80KPH. . . that's not even 60MPH. That and it's beyond suicide to ride here (Bangkok). I'm limiting myself to track days and towing my bike to the track. Hmmmmm. . . to move back to the USA for the sake of riding or not to move. Some days, I actually contemplate this. Days when I consider 250cc to be a "big" bike (yes, 250cc's is big for Thailand, land of the 110cc 4spd auto POS).
                        WTB: ANY Katana located in Bangkok, Thailand. :-/

Comment

MCN had a shootout with this bike, the Ninja, and the Hyosung 250 offering.

The Ninja won hands down, but 15 years in a niche will do that.

I'm happy to see some of the smaller displacement bikes get brought here.
                          -Steve

sigpic
                          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
                            MCN had a shootout with this bike, the Ninja, and the Hyosung 250 offering.

The Ninja won hands down, but 15 years in a niche will do that.

I'm happy to see some of the smaller displacement bikes get brought here.
                            That's odd. Cycle world just had a shootout between the CBR and the Ninja and the CBR won hands down.

I really wish Honda would make a 450cc version. Same frame and everything but with a 450cc motor. Now that would be a real fun bike.

Other than that I had the chance to toss a leg over one at the Honda tent at Bikeweek and I have to say that i'm impressed. Normally Kawi's seem to fit me better (i'm 6' 150lbs) but this little Honda had a very nice seating position. It also felt lighter than you would believe.
                            "We are not all beautiful unique flowers. Some of us have bad ideas and bad taste and the things we do come out awful, no matter how much work we put in."

Comment

Here's a friend on mines...CBR150R he shipped it over piece by piece then rebuilt it

Romans 1:16
                              Romans 5:8
                              Psalms 109:8

Comment

^want!

Comment

Working...
                                X