X

2007 Yamaha FZ6

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 Yamaha FZ6

Anyone have any experience with a Yamaha FZ6?

I went out riding with a co-worker who has an FZ6, the bike seems to fall into the same sport tourer category as the Katana. I would guess that the bike is probably about 50 pounds lighter and seems to carve the tight twisties a little tighter than the Kat. Riding position and seat were comfortable and viable for a long haul. I thought it was a decent ride.

No practical experience but I think they're a great looking bike.
    How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
    How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
    How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
    How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

No real experience with the FZ6. The Yamaha FZ6R has a full fairing and more upright riding position (I prefer the look over the FZ6)... but the FZ6R has less HP.
      OldYella
      2002 Katana 600

My Katana Project
      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=103012
      sigpic

Comment

I've owned two (both 2005's)... nice bikes, decent powerband and reliability. Only real negatives to me were the clunky shifter and very limited aftermarket support.

Comment

I've ridden one for little over 1500 mi. for period of two weeks, it's a bit lighter than the Katana, power delivery is rather high strung, but above 7000 rpm that FZ6 really pulls. It's got more compact ridiing position. The underseat exhaust can get pretty hot for passenger, I experience no problem riding solo.

For the money, I think a Bandit 600 is more bang for the buck and beter suited for real world riding.

Comment

Nice lookin bike never rode one though.

Comment

I have the FZ1 in my garage, pics are there. I can also tell ya that some of its + are also its - , all in all a great bike , suspension is a little weak for a large rider and the upright sitting position is great for long rides, horrible for fun rides.

Comment

Working...
              X