Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tmod View Post
    They have the fittings there.

Tmod
    Cliff didn't know the thread size or TPI for my bike. And I didn't want to take off the fittings to find out. If someone knows I can call and modify my order

Otherwise, is SS and the factory steel banjo bolts OK? How about SS and copper crush washers?

Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by jamesm113 View Post
      Cliff didn't know the thread size or TPI for my bike. And I didn't want to take off the fittings to find out. If someone knows I can call and modify my order

Otherwise, is SS and the factory steel banjo bolts OK? How about SS and copper crush washers?

Thanks!
      Take a look here as they have the sizes listed with the part numbers.

Yes you can use the stock bolts with those lines as well. Have them send you new copper washers if you are going to go that route. If you are going with SS still get new copper washers.

Tmod

Comment

• Thanks Tmod. I called back and got George this time. He said he didn't need to know the size.

Got the lines yesterday, and the top line was too long by about 1 1/2 inches. Guess I should have ordered the whole thing from George. Called back and got Cliff again, he said this is the first time he's heard of the 600 models being shorter than the 750 models. Anyway he's having me ship back the old one and will shorten it for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jamesm113 View Post
          Got the lines yesterday, and the top line was too long by about 1 1/2 inches. Guess I should have ordered the whole thing from George. Called back and got Cliff again, he said this is the first time he's heard of the 600 models being shorter than the 750 models. Anyway he's having me ship back the old one and will shorten it for me.
          Oh that is a bunch of crap, I told Cliff that they are shorter and they have a note with the lines that the 750 is about 1.5" longer. It is best to deal with George as Cliff & Zack are off in lala land.

Tmod

Comment

• Good to know guys, thanks for the info.
            2014 Ducati Monster 1200
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/austin-stevens/

Comment

• Tmod, do you have a writeup on how to change from the three line setup to a dual line setup? At work and the search function isn't being friendly to my phone.

Comment

• Originally posted by thunderfoot1978 View Post
                Tmod, do you have a writeup on how to change from the three line setup to a dual line setup? At work and the search function isn't being friendly to my phone.
                No write up nessasary...

Take the "splitter" off from the 3 line setup. Use the bolt that had 2 lines on it for the master. Hook your new 2 lines up directly to the master with that bolt.

Krey
                93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

• ok thanks krey i appreciate it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
                    No write up nessasary...

Take the "splitter" off from the 3 line setup. Use the bolt that had 2 lines on it for the master. Hook your new 2 lines up directly to the master with that bolt.

Krey
                    Good info Kreylyn, thanks for sharing it with us.
                    2014 Ducati Monster 1200
                    http://www.flickr.com/photos/austin-stevens/

Comment

• I'm going to order a 2 line set this week, but I will also be installing the 1" bar risers, so how long would you suggest I have them made?
                      previous rides
                      06 kat 600, 04 Triumph ST Streetfighter, 07 Vstar 1100, 03 GSXR 750, 03 Hayabusa, 07 SV 1000 , 02 Bandit 1200s, Current ride - 07 Roadliner 1900,
                      next ride - another kat

Comment

• So I'm trying to read threw this post on my phone, and its not loading very well. Could someone explain to me what I need altogether for an 01 600? I know its in this post somewhere I just can't find it
                        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=127630

Comment

• I believe the lengths are already at G&J, you just need to know whether you want dual front or OEM setup (3 lines) and the color you want. don't forget new crush washers.
                          G&J Aircraft & Competition
                          Contact George Fishback Jr.
                          909-986-6534
                          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                          spammer police
                          USAF veteran
                          If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

• Just talked to George and I have a set headed my way. Excited to see how they turn out!

Got the lines installed, just need to bleed the system and refill. Really easy to install. I went with a four line system. I just figured the old lines had been on there since factory it's about time for new ones. Anyway, I'll post more after a bleed and run.
                            Last edited by thunderfoot1978; 05-07-2013, 06:00 AM.

Comment

• Hi!
                              Is it possible to contact George by email?
                              Would be easier for me here in Sweden...
                              gsx600f "katana" -00

Comment

• Originally posted by Tmod View Post
                                Take a look here as they have the sizes listed with the part numbers.

Yes you can use the stock bolts with those lines as well. Have them send you new copper washers if you are going to go that route. If you are going with SS still get new copper washers.

Tmod
                                I am looking at the fiche linked there and it seems all the bolts (master and splitter) are 10x1.00 thread and the calipers are 10x1.25 thread. Then I looked at the fiche for my '89 750, but it doesn't show the thread type at the calipers.
                                So, anybody know caliper thread pitch for a pre 750?
                                1989 GSXF 750 Katana.
                                V&H supersport exhaust, ported head, GSXR cams
                                Michelin PR2's, RT fork springs and R6 shock

Comment

Working...
                                X