No announcement yet.
X

Nice 1$ (Pre98)Fork Improvement :D

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i will deff be doing this this weekend.. i just had my forks redone in august and already i can not tell a difference in my settings. all my seals are good and hasnt leaked since so i dont know what the deal is but for now this will work.
    sigpicwww.violationmotorcyclegear.com
    www.dfwsportbikes.org

Comment

I love this mod! I'm going to make a set of spacers in say 25mm increments, perhaps 12mm, so I can adjust the pre-load to suit my stile for that day! Sporty or Crusey, did I say that?
      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=110816

1994 GSX750F Katana with:

Michelin Pilot Road 2's, 120/70, 150/70,
      Race Tech 1.0kg springs with 25mm preload,
      R6 rear shock w/14.3kg Eibach spring,
      1" Soupys bar risers, Zero Gravity windshield,
      RK GXW Gold Chain, My own fender eliminator,
      3BBB turn signal mirrors,
      Black painted seat and rear trim,
      Nelson-Rigg CL-135, CL-150, CL-950.

Comment

I did this mod today and took some pictures to help any one who may have not worked on forks before. I'm voting sticky for this thread

^ Place the bike on its center stand and use some jacks to take weight off the front wheel.

^ Forks at full extention

^ Loosen the top triple clamp bolt

^ Loosen the fork cap...if you have the weight off the front wheel it shouldn't shoot out much

^ Fork cap removed

^ Stock spacer removed

^ Washer removed (what ever you decide to use as a spacer must have a smaller dia. than this washer).

^ Went to the hardware store and found some 1/2" washers with the same diameter.

^ I put a stack of 12 down each fork (0.90" spacer). I like to use these over the pvc because i can add or subtract as i desire and I know they are square with the stock spacer.

Now, reverse order of what you did taking them apart and your done. I used 0.90" spacers and refilled the fork with 15.5oz of Bel-ray 15wt fork oil. I'm 175lbs geared up and she feels good to me. With the higher weight oil and the spacers the adjusters do something now.
        Hope this helps some of you guys out,
        -Nelson

EDIT: My initial though was that .90" spacer would be good for me but, today i went and road some local twisties and have decided to cut that down to a .50" spacer. Just a little food for thought if your in my weight class.
        Last edited by nelson8708; 07-17-2010, 10:33 PM.
        03' Aprilia Falco
        99' CBR600F4 (fighter-ish) - SOLD
        94' GSX750F (street fighter theme) - SOLD
        1989 240sx (turbo ka on e85) - SOLD
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nelson8708 View Post
          I'm voting sticky for this thread

+1^^^

Thanks a lot! Gonna knock this one out this weekend

Comment

Thanks a bunch

Comment

Would this work on an '88? ...anyone tried it?

Comment

Working...
              X