X

Announcement Regarding the TapaTalk Program

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Announcement Regarding the TapaTalk Program

We have been offering TapaTalk to our users for close to a year here on KR, and while it's a great product I don't really feel that it's in line with what works best (overall) for KR.

The reason I say this, is advertising. Yes, I know it's annoying. But frankly it pays our bills.

In the past 3 months there's been an upswing in tapatalk mobile users, and a noticable decline in ad revenue. I'm not saying the two are directly related, but I suspect that to certainly be the case.

A few weeks ago I started testing the ForumRunner product. ForumRunner is a competing product to TapaTalk, and based on the usage I've been doing with it I feel it's superior. From a user perspective I find it easier to navigate, and easier to understand.

From a forum owner perspective it offers two attractive features. One is that I can push advertising to the mobile site, two is that I can keep Supporting Members ad-free on mobile.

Sometime this weekend I will discontinue support for TapaTalk. I'm sorry to our user base that loves it, and switch over to only providing access via Forum Runner. I do feel compelled to point out that ForumRunner charges a one time fee of $2 for their app. I feel that the spike in tapatalk users is directly related to tapatalk moving their app to the free model.

Hopefully everyone understands the reason for this change, and I hope that it's not something that's going to cause any issues for members. If you have any specific comments you'd like to discuss, please feel free to contact me via PM.
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

As of this morning, Tapatalk users will only be seeing the posts from the important announcements thread.

Supporting users moving to ForumRunner, please let me know if you experience any issues.
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Working...
    X