No announcement yet.
X

front caliper upgrades ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These comments are precisely the reason I am looking for upgrades since I live in an area full of mointain roads and almost none are straight. I still havent obtained a set of 4 piston calipers but I hope to do so soon. Like I previously stated I am super busy right now with out-of-town business but I hope to get me a set of better calipers by the beginning of next week so I should have an answer for the fitment portion of pre-98 calipers on post-98 kats within 2 weeks. However, the performance answer will take a little longer so those of you waiting for an answer hang in there I and I will post results once I have finished the conversion.
    2004 Katana 600
    D&D carbon fiber slip-on
    Factory ignition advancer
    K&N Filter
    Dynojet jet kit

Comment

Well , we lookeed at how the pre calipers mount as opposed to the 98+ calipers , and the bolts are in REALLY different places . I'm fairly sure that it'd take some work to make it happen . I just held one caliper up the the other bike to take a quick look though , so if anyone else wants to take a shot ....
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

After md86's last post I ditched the pre-98 caliper idea and I bought me some calipers from an '02 gsxr 600 along with a master cylinder from ebay for about $75 shipped. I am sure an adapter will be necessary but I have a few machinist hook-ups so once I have dimensions for what is needed for these particular calipers I will post the results and the total cost of the project. Hopefully this wont take too long......
        2004 Katana 600
        D&D carbon fiber slip-on
        K&N Filter
        Dynojet jet kit

Comment

okay for an update, I held one of the gixxer calipers up to my forks and they almost fit without any mods. The bolt spacing is just a tad bit wider than my forks will permit. so since the bolt pattern is so close I might actually have a time figuring out how to fab up an adapter to make them fit. once i have a little time to actually try fitting them on the bike i will post the results. but so far everything is looking good especially since my calipers came with stainless braided lines...........
          2004 Katana 600
          D&D carbon fiber slip-on
          K&N Filter
          Dynojet jet kit

Comment

Working...
          X