No announcement yet.
X

Galfer Wave Rotors

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

have you noticed if braking is any easier with the new rotors? As in less braking distance? I figured that if I am going to do a engine upgrade, I need to do a brake upgrade as well.
    Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

Comment

I can't tell you Sweetlou, I did the mod together with the sixpots and 16mm MC, can tell you the brakes "bite" now, much more stopping power, better feedback.
      Oh yes I nearly forgot I was riding in the pouring rain this week (setting up the pro-oiler) and there was just a very slight difference in braking power, I think the wave-concept works fine.

Comment

They do grab harder.
        Bike is sold

Comment

Update on the adaptors.
          After riding well over 1000km I'm convinced now there won't be any issues coming up by making the adaptors lighter.
          So I will have chambers CNC'd in the back of the adaptors, in order to get rid of some unnecessary unsprung weight.
          Why I want to do that?
          The benefit from the weight-loss by fitting the wavediscs is allmost compensated by the extra weight from the sixpots and adaptors now.
          Why I didn't do that from the beginning? I wasn't sure about possible vibration-issues due to a too weak adaptor.

Comment

Originally posted by Spedee
            Looks great. A cool mod you don't see much of. Did you buy the rear one as well?

Originally posted by kwebbel
            left and right, not the best pics

I did buy (Ebay, brandnew, 48 euro) the rear one too Spedee, allso made by Galfer.

Comment

Looks great
              Bike is sold

Comment

Originally posted by Spedee
                Looks great
                How do you know?

Comment

hey speed what model bike are thoese frame sliders . from what bike do you remember

Comment

Working...
                  X