No announcement yet.
X

the greatest katana

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if you really want a project, i could save you alot of time. i have a 92 1100 stripped down bare. it has 3 sets of tanks/plastics, the stock engine, 3 sets of wheels, and a pile of other stuff including an V&H 4-1 exhaust. the bonus to it all is that I have a 200+hp V&H race engine that would go with the package. it would probably cost you $8k+ to have the engine built. I would take $3500 US for the whole lot of it. $5500 and i throw in a 93 1100 with it....and it runs great. looks good too. i posted a few pics of it here and there on the forums.
    I am thinking I am done with the kats for now and want to move on to something different. 13 years is a long time to be obsessing over the same bike.
    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Oh man , I wish I had that much in my piggy bank .
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86
        Oh man , I wish I had that much in my piggy bank .

+1!

Comment

I have to give out some props to the 98+ .. I really enjoy the looks of it and I think it flows pretty smoothly myself. Its comfortable, and you can mod it till ur hearts content. You cant go wrong w/ any style Kat.

Plus too, doing the "sweet lou engine mod" is just a thing of beauty.

Comment

You getting rid of that engine?????? Oh man, that would be sick in a 98+ 600 frame!!!!!!!!!!!
            Kan-O-Gixxer!
            -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
            -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
            -Ohlins Susupension
            -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe
              if you really want a project, i could save you alot of time. i have a 92 1100 stripped down bare. it has 3 sets of tanks/plastics, the stock engine, 3 sets of wheels, and a pile of other stuff including an V&H 4-1 exhaust. the bonus to it all is that I have a 200+hp V&H race engine that would go with the package. it would probably cost you $8k+ to have the engine built. I would take $3500 US for the whole lot of it. $5500 and i throw in a 93 1100 with it....and it runs great. looks good too. i posted a few pics of it here and there on the forums.
              I am thinking I am done with the kats for now and want to move on to something different. 13 years is a long time to be obsessing over the same bike.
              New woman making you give up the Kat Mojoe?

Comment

Oh man I wish. I need a house before all that. Or a large porch. I barly have enough room as it is!
                TiM

Comment

Originally posted by sexwax
                  Oh man I wish. I need a house before all that. Or a large porch. I barly have enough room as it is!
                  Oh come on, you're telling me you can't squeeze a kat project into the back of your truck?

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
                    You getting rid of that engine?????? Oh man, that would be sick in a 98+ 600 frame!!!!!!!!!!!
                    That'd be sick in ANY frame !
                    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Re: the greatest katana

Originally posted by sexwax
                      This is a thread about what you think is the best year of the katana. Seriously. Gimmi you're reasons
                      The 1982 Katana 1100 or 1000, hands down. The original.

It was so radical for its time. Unlike anything else on the road.

The first time that I saw it I stopped dead in my tracks. My jaw dropped, and I slowly circled it. Nothing would ever be the same.

The next summer, I bought a GSX750. The Katana was too radical for me at the time and new technology was introduced in the GSX.

Bruno
                      Montreal, Canada
                      Gerbing Heated JACKET LINER Review

:

Comment

Working...
                      X