X

the greatest katana

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the greatest katana

This is a thread about what you think is the best year of the katana. Seriously. I know this is a huge open ended question, but I have never had a katana. Since I am joining the family, and almost paid up with the other bike, I thought I might look for a cool project. So let me know what you think. Gimmi you're reasons, your stories .. I thought maybe it has been awhile since you have all reflected on this one ..

TiM

My opinion would be the classic lines of the pre98 600 With a 750 engine.

The 750 engine for the extra power, and the 600 body decause it has the smaller, sleeker looking tail light..

But this is just my opinion..

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Bah!

Comment

IMHO:
        Prettiest/most-desirable:
        The Stratosphere (6 cylinder) prototype that was just shown...
        Or the very original Hans Muth Katana designs.

Most useful for what I do:
        98+ Kat (not the prettiest, but the most functional and reliable IMHO).

Cheers
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I am not worried about the looks, as those can be changed. I like the idea of doing a 750 in a 600 frame though.
          TiM

Comment

well I am totally biased when it comes to the kats. of course the original Hans Muth Katana designs are classic, and the new stratosphere is sweet, but the 1100 kat has to be the most practical. it has power up the ying-yang, it never gets "talked down" upon like the 600 and 750's might from other sportbiker riders...totally comfortable, and is designed for the long haul. and factory givi luggage is common. sorry guys...and i don't mean this as an insult, but there is NO way you can compare a 600 or 750 to the 1100. what few 1100 owners there are on this forum will certainly agree with me. you really gotta own to appreciate what it offers.

[img][/img]
            I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by ZukiFred

The 750 engine for the extra power, and the 600 body decause it has the smaller, sleeker looking tail light..

I second that!!!
              '01 TL1000R

Comment

Originally posted by mystahagy
                Originally posted by ZukiFred

I second that!!!
                I'll 2 1/2 it..
                Pre 98 600 with B12!!

Comment

Sexwax... shouldn't you finish your Daytona project before starting another one?

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe
                    well I am totally biased when it comes to the kats. of course the original Hans Muth Katana designs are classic, and the new stratosphere is sweet, but the 1100 kat has to be the most practical. it has power up the ying-yang, it never gets "talked down" upon like the 600 and 750's might from other sportbiker riders...totally comfortable, and is designed for the long haul. and factory givi luggage is common. sorry guys...and i don't mean this as an insult, but there is NO way you can compare a 600 or 750 to the 1100. what few 1100 owners there are on this forum will certainly agree with me. you really gotta own to appreciate what it offers.

[img][/img]

+1 to dat!
                    The Busa's Grandfather!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tdrcomm
                      +1 to dat!
                      The Busa's Grandfather!
                      exactly...it was closest thing to a busa that suzuki had to offer in the early 90's.
                      I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by Junior
                        Sexwax... shouldn't you finish your Daytona project before starting another one?
                        It will be finished soon as I get home.

Hey Junior .. shouldn't you put some miles on your bike before getting another one?
                        TiM

Comment

Well , the pre 600's ergonomically are a little tighter . Bars are lower . They buzz a bit more too , apparently . But the pre engines packed a bit more power then the 98+ , too . Also , certain years for the pre600's are notorious for dropping second gear .
                          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

The Triumph is notorious for dropping second too. I think I would like to build a kat from the ground up (if I can get the living space) kinda like what this guy has here

Get an engine, get the frame, and start putting it together. Put it together like a puzzle. Bare bones, just to build a bike like a kit. That's why I am asking what a good base is .. what a good year would be to start a project like this with.

I was going to build a chopper/cruiser, but I don't know now. I kinda like the idea of owning a kat.
                            TiM

Comment

Hmmmm,

600 Body with a 771 engine stuffed in it?
                              1995 GSX-R 750W (Barney Bike - Street)
                              2004 GSX-R 600 (Race Bike) - Powered by MoPowerSports.com
                              Certified Addicted Racing/Trackday Monkey & Gixxer Fixxer // WERA West #224

Comment

Working...
                              X