X

What use to be a 1996 kat 600

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What use to be a 1996 kat 600

completly re-done but what time work and effort went into that bike. I like it except for the front headlight. Just thought it was a neat project the guy did.
    Life's fast so you have to be faster, ride fast and take risks...

The guy did a stellar job on the beast !! Wow !

Comment

Jimminies! Holy begat!

That thing is awesome... It takes a lot of skill and patience to convert a '96 into an '82-looking original Kat... I would have inevitably drawn the line at doing a new frame from the ground-up...

Wow!

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Maybe I'm missing something, but where does it say anything about that having been a Kat600? It looks like a nicely built original Katana to me.

This is the original specification:
        ENGINE:

GSX1100EFE, Wiseco 1230 big bore kit, Cam-motion cams, Dyno-jetted GSX-R750 38mm carbs, K&N filters, Muzzy stainless exhaust.

FRAME:

GSX1100S, rear sets.

FRONT END:

Complete GSX-R1100 front-end, including clocks, billet yokes by owner, Earls braided lines, CBR600 master cylinder & throttle assembly, GSX-R1100 clip-on handlebars, 1986 GSX-R750 speedo and tach.

REAR END:

Calfab swing arm, Works Performance remote reservoir shocks, GSX-R1100 wheel, disk & calliper, Earls braided hose.

BODYWORK:

Standard Katana tank, fairing and panels, GSX-R mudguard.

PAINT:

Powder coated frame, paint by Jeff Strickland.
        I like you. When the world is mine your death will be quick and painless.

Comment

It was the first Katana I came to know of over the web when Bob sent me a couple of pictures way back in 1996. Standard Katana tank, fairing and panels.

All that was said in the article so I thought it was a 1996 600 it could be a diff model like 750 ect. your right but it is a katana.

Comment

Can you say "Master Builder"? Damn that is incredible!!!!

Comment

that is NOT a 96 Katana...it is the ORIGINAL Katana.

just look at the tube cradle frame...the dual rear shocks etc.

I t might have been RESTORED in 96

(plus the original kat would have been either a 400, 650, 750, 1000 or 1100 cc displacement

Comment

either way some one had a little to much $$ and time lol wish i had those to

Comment

Working...
                X