Why diss the Katana?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Black_peter
    Originally posted by bobs
    we two forty-somethings enjoy embarassing younger guys in their ///M3 racecars.
    Cool another old guy!!
    Sweet!
    Ron
    MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter
      Originally posted by bobs
      we two forty-somethings enjoy embarassing younger guys in their ///M3 racecars.
      Cool another old guy!!
      enjoying embarassing the young punks is great at any age

Comment

Ugly bike some say? The post 1997 Kat and the Hayabusa have somewhat similar long and bulbous design lines. Few make disparaging remarks about the busa.

I think one of the reasons the younger sportbike crowd has to put down the Kat is that it costs about 2/3's the price of a supersport 600, yet the rider gets much the same sportbike riding experience. The non-riding general public, and those who ride cycles other than sportbikes, generally think the Katana is a good looking bike. So the dissing is a defensive measure for sportbike riders, to justify in their minds why it was the right decision for them to pay more for their bikes (those who actually ride, that is).

Others may have ego problems, so whenever they find something that is not the best in its field, they have to point it out.

So other than on the internet, when might you experience this "dissing" of the Kat? You might want to go riding with a group of "friends" who ride the more modern bikes, and they won't have it? You might want to cruise around town on sportbike night? You may encounter it then. Oh, and track days, I wouldn't know what to expect there.

Comment

I have ridden a few different sport bikes. i have owned a few too. I love my katana more than I did my CBR 600F2 I had. I have put more time and effort into my katana. Do me a favor and post this vidoe link over on BARF. www.fbcstuff.com/hs2020/Deals%20GapRun1.wmv and www.fbcstuff.com/hs2020/Deals%20GapRun2.wmv

This is me running Deals Gap 318 Curves in 11 miles back in July.This road is one that if you get into 3rd you are doing good. I did screw up a few times think I was in third and I was actually in 2nd and went into first. My bike is a 89 Kat 750(GSXR Slingshot motor) that is on the home page. This bike is very capable of doing anything that a true SS bike can and more. So post that over there to just to show them that it is not the bike that counts it is the rider.

I was very suprised though that they did not say to much negative things about it. What most of them stated was true about it being heavy, but maintenance is no easy taks anything IMO.
          www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Originally posted by harrye
            The non-riding general public, and those who ride cycles other than sportbikes, generally think the Katana is a good looking bike.
            I was pulled over by a police officer the other day and indicated that he rides a motorcycle for the police as well as for pleasure. His comment on my bike was how great the Kat looked...and then proceeded to give me a ticket. However, I did deserve the citation and quite frankly should of got a much bigger slap upside the head. It seems I got off lucky by having a hot looking bike.

The moral of the story is the the Kat is a great looking bike and I've received nothing but compliments on it.
            "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

Working...
            X