X

Carb problems after clean and sync

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carb problems after clean and sync

I have cleaned and synced the carbs on my 94 750. When I start it up it doesnt start easily. When I start it it will slowly come to life. I can hear it trying to fire but it wont stay running until the rpms get high enough. I can blip the throttle and it helps alot to start it. Also, once at idle if I blip the throttle it will go up to 2500-3000 rpm and hang there. It wont idle back down until I barely move the idle adjustment screw. I am already at 3 turns out on the air/fuel screw. Should I go to 3.25? I have checked for vacuum leaks by spraying carb cleaner around all the possible leak points.

Still sounds like an air leak. Did you check the puke tube to make sure its plugged?Check the vac line from the # 4 to the petcock? Do you have a jet kit installed? Are you running a full exhaust? Are you using K & N filters or the stock? Give us a little more info about your setup since you have nothing listed in your garage info.
    If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
    Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

Did you make sure your diaphragms are in correctly? They should move up and down freely when u suck on the hole at the back of the carb that is at the top. If you open the throttle to start it, sounds like it might be really rich and flooding out. Mine will act like that when it floods out. I think 2.5 is a better setting.
      Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

Vance and Hines full system
        Poor Mans jet kit
        Diapraghms working correctly
        puke tube plugged

I bought some new screws for the boot clamps between the carbs and engine and airbox and carbs. The old ones were starting to strip out on me. I will let you know if it helps any.

Comment

If you want to take the boots off of the engine, you could check the o-rings on the engine side of them while you're in there. I'd recommend an impact driver for getting them off, though.
          Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

read this: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.p...ighlight=rings

Comment

Well the new screws didnt help. I will check out the o rings in the morning. If it was a vacuum leak would it return to normal idle the instant I barely turn the idle adjustment screw? I thought it would always idle high until I fix the vacuum leak.

When I first put it back together after all the work I did, it ran great, Idled correctly and smoothly. I took it for a test run and after 10 minutes of easy riding the rpms started to hang.

Comment

Run it for just a short while, and then check the exhaust pipes to see if one of them is much hotter than the others. If you've got a no-contact thermometer, then great. If not, just use a spray bottle and some water, and note how quick the water evaporates from the surface you spray it on.
                Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

what happen if one is not hot like the others
                  When the Job and Wife gives U Hell take the Xtra long way to them

Comment

Originally posted by zodaddy View Post
                    could be plugged jets, a fouled spark plug, or a stuck float dumping so much fuel into the cylinder that it can't fire.
                    John,
                    '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by zodaddy View Post

Definite sign of plugged pilot jets.

Comment

I just went through this exact problem. I ended up makin a very cheap homemade manometer,hooked it up and fine tuned the carbs with it. It solved the problem.

Comment

Working...
                        X