Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Thinking i have a bad setup (suspension setting)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking i have a bad setup (suspension setting)

Didnt have this issue with my 98 kat. I do with my 00.

When im going into a right turn, the bike wants to work with me, lays right into it, and goes where i point her. When im going left, it feels like the suspension settings for the left are set worlds apart from the right. I have tried pushing the bike further into a left turn, and the harder i push, the more it fights back. Its very unsettling to me. Ill show yall the picture of my back tire (jsut to show how drastic the left/right difference is) other than that do you think its just my year worth of experiance and i need to just hit more left turns, or could it be a bad setting in my left shock thats making it so hard to get into a left turn??

Center

Right

Left

DC Born..Maryland Bred

I will never be forgotten. I will only fade as time goes on from your consious thoughts.

Um, all the newer kat's have mono shocks... so unless you're on like an '82 katana... I doubt it's the shock.
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Chain alignment ?
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I cant see the pictures but what kind of tire is it?

Comment

Metzler M1's

ill probibally be taking the bike up to the suzuki dealer here on island (actually the only suzuki dealer on island) and having the guy there take a look and see what he thinks. There is something with the left that is set different from the right. Hopefully he will have an answer

DC Born..Maryland Bred

I will never be forgotten. I will only fade as time goes on from your consious thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by Imagin
            There is something with the left that is set different from the right.
            Like what ?

Comment

I can feel the suspension settle into a turn and go with me going right. Going left its incredibly jittery and extreamly stiff. It just wont sit in a turn and is discomforting as hell.

DC Born..Maryland Bred

Comment

You wheel probably isnt centered with the bike. Measure from the inside of the swingarm to the side of the wheel on both sides and compare.

I had a buddy driving ahead of me once, I noticed his back wheel was over from the front.......after we stopped and I told him what the problem was he said he felt like he was fighting with the bike in certain turns.

Comment

Or maybe the fluid levels are not even . Fork oil is cheap , and should be replaced every couple years anyway . One bottle should be enough to fill both forks .

Comment

Problem was the back tire wasnt aligned correctly. Got it straight, hit a corner, problems solved.

DC Born..Maryland Bred

Comment

Originally posted by md86
                      Chain alignment ?
                      Score one more for me .
                      I learned that one the hard way a couple years ago myself . I know what that feels like . Just SPOOKY .

Comment

Working...
                      X