X

CBR 1000 for $3K thoughts?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CBR 1000 for $3K thoughts?

Just accepted a full time offer and wanted to gift my dad a liter bike. He's big on the Aprilias, Ducatis, and CBRs. This is a bit higher than my budget, but I'd like to get you guy's input. If anyones owned one of these and knows potential underlying issues to check for, thinks theres better deals in the area, etc.
    --

I don't know much about the CBR, but I've been shopping around for months for a GSX-R and if I saw that price and miles in that condition, I'd scoop it up in a heartbeat.
    - Josh

2003 Suzuki Katana 600, Two Brothers Carbon Fiber exhaust, plasti dipped black and green (almost). I live and ride in Upstate NY.

Comment

Cbr 1000 3k

Seems like an incredible deal. I'd go for both for 6K and sell one.
      LMT

Comment

Mmmmm, good deal. I'll take 1 of each please...
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran
        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Haha I am tempted for the 2nd for myself. But my Kat would get jealous...
          --

Comment

6 grand for both sounds great

Comment

neither are really worth 3k in current market, especially the 929...if you really them go for it, but financially its not the deal of the century
              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
              Originally posted by soulless kaos
              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

If my son were to gift me the CBR, I'd have no problem with that.
                sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                ------------------------------------------
                89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                96 YZF 1000R

Comment

personally...id buy! Provided of course they get a good look over and test ride.
                  94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

3K for the 929 is too high IMHO. I would do 2500 maybe on the GSXr perhaps but 3K is a bit much for that one as well. If I were going to spend 3K on an 05 gsxr it better be a 750...
                    I am a Penn State fanatic.
                    Why is the sky blue and white? God is a PSU fan...

Comment

Alright thanks everyone. I think I will try to get the CBR for $2500 provided it checks out. I'm not really interested in upping my own insurance or paying over 3K for a gixxer.
                      --

Comment

I wouldnt go 2500 for the 929....

Honestly I would barely go 2K for the 929. Retail on the 929 at this stage is 2400 and that is for the original Erion special edition. This bike no longer has those plastics and has had the tank changed so it is lower in value. It would be at best 2K in my book.

The GSXr being newer and such I might go to 2500 but no more.

Comment

The power difference between a 1k and a 600 is tremendous. I have a 01 GSXR 750, and I picked up a 08 GSXR 600. The bike is beautiful, but the power is seriously lacking. There is no umph until it gets to high RPMs. I now have a 1k, and boy oh boy, that power is addicting. Any gear, you twist the throttle, and it just moves. I am seriously looking forward to next riding season.
                          Roops Photography|facebook|
                          03 GSXR 1000
                          04 Honda Aquatrax Jetski
                          Past: 92 Yamaha Seca II -> 04 Kat 600 -> 92 Kat w/gsxr 750 swap -> 01 GSXR 750 -> 03 GSXR 1000

Comment

And the standard post that has nothing to do with the thread and is completly obvious has now been made.

Comment

Originally posted by soulpatch View Post
                              And the standard post that has nothing to do with the thread and is completly obvious has now been made.
                              Oh? I thought a 600 was stronger than a 1000?
                              - Josh

2003 Suzuki Katana 600, Two Brothers Carbon Fiber exhaust, plasti dipped black and green (almost). I live and ride in Upstate NY.

Comment

Working...
                              X