X

Carb Jets

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carb Jets

So, I took had my carbs apart and was just checking that everything was in place and long story short i ended up over-torquing one of my jets and it broke (luckily i was able to get the broken threaded piece out of the carb)

I haven't actually been able to find the specific single Jet replacement online - what I am wondering is: can i find just a single replacement? Or would i just be better off getting a jet kit or something, and if that is the case i would love some suggestions and locations to get them for a good price.

Also, if i got a jet kit, would i have to adjust anything or could i just install and be good to go? I'm going for simple, but i wouldn't mind the 5 percent increase in power! :P

Thanks guys.

5% more of not much is still not much Exactly what did you break?

Pics would help!

Comment

Yes, you can order jets one at a time. Increasing jets won't net any more power. Which jet did you break?
      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
      spammer police
      USAF veteran
      If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Definitely don't go increasing jet size unless you're changing something with your airbox/intake as you can make the bike start running rich. You should be able to order just a single jet, what size is the jet? I may have one knocking around I can send you or help you find one.

Comment

If you decide to get a jet kit ,get a FACTORY PRO jet kit.
          you can run a stock setup with one. It won't give you more HP.. but
          it will make your bike run a lot better Day in & Day out. My 1100
          has been running awesome all summer long.

Comment

I broke the tall slender jet.
            The one located to the left of the main if I'm not mistaken.

Could anyone perhaps provide a link where I may buy a stock replacement? Definitely would prefer not to buy all new jets unless its really necessary.

Alright! Duly noted! I have an '04 600 Kat.
            If its not too expensive I may end up replacing all the jets.

But I haven't been able to locate a replacement for the one I broke alone.
            Again, it's the tall slender jet, I'm sure you all know which one I mean. Hah. Once I know which jet it is I may have a better time finding a replacement. But yet again, a link would be ever so hel

*helpful
            Last edited by drewpleblanc; 08-17-2013, 11:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Look for pilot jet or idle jet
              "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
              spammer police
              USAF veteran
              If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Working...
              X