Cut Out at high speed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cut Out at high speed

This seems a real mystery so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

I was taking gsx750f 95 out for spin, running well until it just cut out at 60mph. Lights come on, fuel in tank and now it turns over but not firing. Wondered if it could be the ignition module and thought I'd ask if anyone knew if they could just pack up. It's as if there's no spark (haven't checked yet) just seems strange there was no splutter or misfire.

Is the sidestand sensor okay? Loose kickstand?
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
      Is the sidestand sensor okay? Loose kickstand?
      I'll check at the weekend but would it still turn over if it was the side stand?

Comment

It'll turn over on the sidestand as long as it's in Neutral. As soon as you put it in gear, it'll die. If the sidestand is up and your in gear, if the switch think's it's been let out - it'll die.

Check the kill switch too.

Comment

Def not the side stand switch I've even bypassed it while I try to work it out. Kill switch I haven't tested but could that really just go from working to not?

Comment

Have you actually checked for spark a d checked the petcock for flow?
            "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
            spammer police
            USAF veteran
            If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Working...
            X