X

New Guy w/ starting problem(s)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Guy w/ starting problem(s)

Whatsup all, Im new to the forum and I just picked Up a 96 750 from a friend of mine. Ive been trolling and gathering what info I can but I was wondering If I can get some insight/help from someone. The bike wont start. No click, no electrical noise, just nothing. So far I have found out.

• bad battery (replaced, still nothing)
    • If I jump the red to black on the solenoid It turns over
    • If i jump the green/yellow to the red it gives one solid click (not sure what that means)

There is also no continuity from the starter switch to the green/yellow on the solenoid. Looking at the wiring diagram the clutch switch completes the circuit (i think), but I cant figure out where it is any help/insight would be greatly appreciated.

edit: forgot to add that If I try to measure the voltage on the green/yellow wire (which im assuming is from the starter switch) at the solenoid when pressing the switch, I get nothing.

edit again: After doing the above again but jiggling/playing with the clutch lever I get continuity, so its a loose connection somewhere, so I need to locate the clutch switch.
    Last edited by Sohslow; 07-20-2008, 12:55 PM.

the switch itself is in the clutch lever holder. the connector is under the gas tank, two individual yellow with green wires.
    99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
    1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
    '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
    Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

Ok, got the clutch switch issue fixed now im just getting a click. Im assuming its a bad solenoid.

Comment

Working...
      X