X

What are your thoughts on VFR's?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are your thoughts on VFR's?

I have been looking at Honda VFR's for a long time. I don't mean the old school gear driven cam one. I'm talkin about the newer v-tech type models. Anybody have experience with them? I have heard that they a very under powered and was wondering if anyone could confirm this. What are your thoughts on the interceptor?
    Some people carry on
    Some just stay right where they are
    Our worlds divide

Do you REALLY want to know my thoughts on hondas?
    With a hip hop the hippie to the hippie
    The hip hip a hop a you don't stop the rockin
    To the bang bang boogie
    Say up jump the boogie to the rhythm of the boogie the beat

Comment

Honda will rox ur sox (i'm talkin' multiple orgasms every time u get on one). As far as the VFR I have no clue, i've never driven one.
      Jealousy Is Natural

Comment

My buddy is a Veefer guy - swears by them, but won't go anywhere near the V-Tech years...

VFRD.com - check it out.
        "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

I don't know where you get "under powered" at. Again, like the Kat (in a way) the VFR is NOT designed to be the boy toy SS .....

If the Kat is designed to everything pretty good (Especially bang for the $) then the VFR is designed to do everything very good.

The Vtech issues, according to several buddies I have who are VFR nuts, have gotten better in the last couple of years, but the preferred model is still prior to the V-Tech years.

Want to tell how good the older VFR's are? Look around. The low-mileage one's, if priced decently, sell in the blink of an eye, and all the other one's have alot more miles than most motorcycles, excluding Goldwings and other big tourers like the Connie.

A VFR will be my next addition....note addition, as I doubt I'll sell the Kat. And I really want a project, since I LIKE working on 'em...it's my therapy.

98-02 is probably the best out of the bunch, simply because it's a bit newer, no Vtec, and you can find one.

They hold their value more than most other bikes that age though...so be aware.

Some of the earlier gens did have some electrical gremlins, but they are easy to research, and the fixes / testing have been well documented by other Viffer nuts.

Comment

Viffer? Any day, any time, any where! They are horny!
            R.I.P. Marc

Comment

I will buy one before 2010.... or an Aprilla Futura.
              -Steve

sigpic
              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
              Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

I rode a friends early 80's 700 interceptor a few times, and I think it was probably the easiest bike to flick into turns I have ever ridden. It seemed like all you had to do was see a turn coming up, and you already made it without even making a deliberate effort.
                John,
                '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
                sigpic

Comment

My first bike was a viffer 750, I loved that bike. My friend has a 2006 and she loves it. I drove it once and didn't find it underpowered at all. I like VFR's.
                  R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Sweet ride, it was a Kat or an Interceptor for me for sure!! The deal on the Kat came through first, otherwise I'd have a silver 07 VFR in the garage right now. The Kat always felt better anyways, I'm glad I have the Kat.
                    sigpic'06 750Kat, SCORPIO alarm, integrated turn sigs into smoked LED tail light, gun metal frt turn sigs & windshield, shovel MIA, AMSOIL throughout, TARGA tank cover, PIIA 130Db Sport Horns. 16-45 sprocket set-up

Comment

i love my honda. don't have a vfr, but love my honda. they got some nice things if you own a honda. if i was to buy ss, it would be suzuki, don't know of any other honda i would buy other than my 9r or the cb1000r if it comes to the usa or is made.

i have heard vfr pre vtec. hearrd the vtec kicks in at times when you don't want it too.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

I was seconds away from buying one last month. I just wanted a test ride before I signed. The dealer said no, I walked away. Let me ask this as well, considering the VFR and the Triumph Sprint ST are about similar in price and category, which would you guys choose? I have heard from several people that the VFR's are underpowered. Have any of guys actually ridden one?
                        Some people carry on
                        Some just stay right where they are
                        Our worlds divide

Comment

i haven't ridden either, but i'd get a sprint first, i think they look mean. plus a 750 or 800 vfr against a 1050 or something sprint, is quite a gap.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

my brother in law has a 2004 VFR. i have ridden it several times. Its plenty fast, very Katana like as far as riding position. For a sport touring bike i think it kicks butt.

Walter Sobchak: You know, Dude, I myself dabbled in pacifism once.

Comment

I haven't ridden one but looked into them before buying my most recent bike.

They're nice bikes and speed and acceleration is comparable to a Katana 750. They handle very well and are very comfortable; what they're known best for.

1/4 mile is around 11.3 seconds
                              0-60 is under 4 seconds
                              0-100 in about 8 seconds
                              2007 Honda CBR600rr
                              2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X