Performance Upgrades

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Performance Upgrades

Hi All,
    I'm new here. I have an 01 Katana 600. My First Bike. Got her new. I've become a better rider and it was time for her to grow with me...and I wanted a little more OOmph for when I'm two up with my GF.
    Had a Yoshi Slip-On, a Dyno Jet Jet Kit and a K&N Air filter installed this past week by a Local Bike shop.
    I couldnt be happier with the results! "Holy Holeshot Batman!" She's much more responsive especialy down low in the rev range.
    She does however idle a little higher (1100 rpm) and maybe a little more buzz in the footpegs on the highway. (She always buzzed a little!)

My friends are telling me I Screwed Up! Should have given it to a shop with a Dyno and an EGA. My place simply followed the specs in the Kits.

While a dyno and an EGA is definitly the way to MAP a Power Commander, are they right about my Carburated Baby??
    I'd appreciate the help.

A Dyno test 'n' tune session will get better results then just tossing in the biggest jets, etc. An EGA will help out too while testing/tuning.

As far as your idle goes, you can adjust that.
    It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

Thanx.
      My Bike Budget is gone for this year (Have Convertibars and a Zero Gravity ST Windscreen on the way) so I'll probobly keep her the way she is for now, rather than start over with a new shop. ....which just made me realize, the shop I used didnt give me the remainder of the kit and needles they didnt use. I'll go back and get them.
      Any harm in having an Idle 2-300 rpm too high? I hate messing with this stuff!

Comment

200 to 300 shouldn't hurt, but you can turn the idle down with the adjuster screw next to your carbs on the left side.

Long Live the D

Comment

I am looking for a used slip on exhaust, for my 03/600GSX

Comment

MIne idles at about 1400 cuz I'm too lazy to bump it down. I didn't get mine dyno'd by do need to have it put on one to analyze the gas. There's a harley shop here that said exhaust analyzer is only about $35 (a HP test will be about $100 cuz they need to pull the fairings to get to a plug wire). Though tomorrow night I do need to increase my air screws from 2.5 turns out to 2.75-3.0 turns out. I noticed when I run it and shut it off, if it sits in the sun for a while, when I start it up there's an initial after fire then it starts right up. It only does it in the sun so I'm thinking its leaning it out from cooking off some gas and builidng it up in the exhaust.
            Who brought the retarded kid?

Comment

Working...
            X