X

$66 per carb?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $66 per carb?

Hey guys i went by the stealership today and talked to the guy in service dept.they gonna charge me $66 per carb to install my jet kit(Ivans)
    is that a good/fair/or jacked up deal? i would to do it myself but i'm worried about f***ing something up.any ideas

way to high for that job, I think suzuki here wanted $130 to do it to mine. its a easy job ,you can do this. I was the same way about mine, but KR will help you out every step of the way. Just start taking things apart one at a time, theres not muche to it.

Comment

here you go courtesy of trinc and cyber

motorcycleanchor.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, motorcycleanchor.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

It is a super easy job, for $66 per carb you would be much better off doing it yourself.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

That is outrageous! Definitely do it yourself. You will be saving yourself a lot of money, and at the same time gaining some knowledge about your bike.

I made the mistake of having the local dealer put in my first jet kit, they charged me an arm and a leg, and on top of that they put in a dyno kit with a k&n filter, ever since that the bike ran like crap, so I'm about to put in an Ivan's kit as well, read that link up there it gives you step by step instructions, and if you have any questions theres a lot of people on here that know the katana like the back of their hand
          Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
          18v Rigid Drill
          Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
          New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

i may try this weekend right now i have a full tankof gas in her. dont really feel like draining all that now.

Comment

don't have to drain it, just have to lift it off, remember the petcock won't flow unless it is on the prime position.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

Just take your time. If you get stuck, just take a time out and jump on KR.
                "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
                JOHN 16:33

Comment

Call the shop back and ask them how much if you already strip the fairings off before you get there -- not that it matters, but I'm really curious.

Do it yourself. Use my webpage to help guide you.

Cheers,
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                  X