No announcement yet.
X

#4 carb air inlet valve

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would that cause the rpm's to hang? And the left coil is for 1 and 3 while the right is for cylinder 2 and 4 right?
    When life has you by the balls. Grab life by the horns. DON'T BE AFRAID TO LET ER' BUCK!!!

Comment

Originally posted by heaton750f View Post
      Would that cause the rpm's to hang? And the left coil is for 1 and 3 while the right is for cylinder 2 and 4 right?
      A vacuum leak. Yes, that is correct for the coils. Hey next time, start your own thread.

Comment

Did you get it figured out?

Comment

Originally posted by Briansgsx600f View Post
          Did you get it figured out?
          Not yet. I am going back there tomorrow or Thursday to try and get it. Just getting as much info as possible.

I am going to double check the ignition coil and make sure the orange is on top. But thats should not be cause the rpms to hang. So I know for a fact all the vacuum hose's are hooked up but I must have a few backwards. In between the two ignition coils there are 4 hoses that connect to a center unit (i dont know what its called) I might have those backwards. Is there a diagram for those? I know they go down and to the front of the bike about 2/3 they way down. I might have those backwards too.
          When life has you by the balls. Grab life by the horns. DON'T BE AFRAID TO LET ER' BUCK!!!

Comment

there is only 1 vacuum line, from carb #4 (on your right from the seat) to the petcock on the tank. The other hose on the tank is an overflow drain from the fuel cap area. then you see what looks like 2 going down from the carbs. Those are overflow drains from the carbs.
            sigpic

Comment

I got that one connected to the petcock. Whats that unit called in between the ignition coils that has 4 hose's going to the side then a small one comming out the front?

Comment

I wonder if you have a California emissions bike with the vapor recovery canister?

Comment

has to be, mine doesn't have that
                  sigpic

Comment

It does. When I got it the fan stayed on for 20 min after I turned the bike off and after reading the manual it says the california models do that.

Comment

remove, commifornia stuff should be banned elsewhere.
                      sigpic

Comment

Look in the Katana wiki for a manual

Comment

Working...
                        X