X

#1 carb spewing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #1 carb spewing

when cranking the bike gas pours out of the #1 carb. any ideas? thanks 1988 600f kat

Stuck float
    Bad gasket
    Loose drain screw

These are the first things to check

Comment

thanks will start there

Comment

If you have any more detail about were the petrol leak actually is it'll help with diagnosing the problem

Comment

its coming out of the air intake were the needle is

Comment

Airbox boot?
            Probably not on tight enough then..
            Only way I can think fuel is going to be doing that is if your main jets aren't screwed in tight enough and it's flooding the airbox when you rev the engine.
            Excess petrol gets drawn up through the threads and you end up with a petrol filled airbox and my guess is that if the boots aren't tight enough it might leak there.

Check the seals between the airbox and the carb body and make sure it's tight and not cracked..

p.s. I'm pretty ****ed right now so hopefully this'll make some kind of sense to someone out there and they'll correct if necessary

Comment

you need to clean or replace the float valve. Also your carbs are dirty, the overflow fuel should be running out the overflow drain and not anywhere else on the carb.
              it only does it when craning the engine over because the petcock shuts off the fuel flow when the engine is off
              98 GSX750F
              95 Honda VT600 vlx
              08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Working...
              X