Katana of the Month - October 2007 – SEQX34

Welcome to the KatRiders.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   KatRiders.com > Suzuki Katana Forums > At the Track

At the Track Some Katana's see track duty. Some owners have multiple bikes. This is the place to chat about track days.

Old 05-20-2018, 07:45 PM   #21
ygolohcysp
Track Rider

eBay ID: theovergrowngnome

I'm recovering from a broken ankle myself. Stupid mistake caused from being overconfident on my drz400sm. Didn't even crash. That said, I was wearing full race boots, and at about 5 weeks since the injury, I'm walking pretty much normal, and just need to build strength in the side to side direction. I'm already planning a practice day in a couple weeks.

Seriously, have fun with the track day! I can't wait to start doing it up again. I do have to say though, this last injury is making me wonder whether or not I really want a full size race bike just to do it once to say that I did.
ygolohcysp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 03:47 PM   #22
Stinger02
Knee Dragger

Im still around occasionally and still riding my 01 Kat on track. Just did a track day a month ago and did a nice bday ride this past Monday up to Natchez Ms. Im at 92K miles. Almost ready to join the 100K club!
Old 06-02-2018, 06:28 AM   #23
buffalobill
Knee Dragger

eBay ID: andropogon_scorparius

Default Here's a pic…

This photo is from a track day in 2016, however I was on the same track, same bike, same gear and same sun in the sky so it'll work. PS: When the coach let us ride unrestricted, I buried all the other novice riders! Not with power, I out braked them at the corners. Looked back and nobody was within half a lap of me!

Last edited by buffalobill; 06-02-2018 at 06:33 AM..
buffalobill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 02:14 PM   #24
buffalobill
Knee Dragger

Default New track pics, 6-15-18

Just uploaded these;

Old 06-26-2018, 09:14 PM   #25
ygolohcysp
Track Rider

Looking good! That first pic is great!
Old 06-27-2018, 07:51 AM   #26
buffalobill
Knee Dragger

I tend to think buying pics from track photogs to be a vanity thing, but when I wanna get a look at my progress they are quite useful.
When I compare the same photo of me to one of the coach, I can see exactly what I need to do.
Here, I got everything right, but my head is about 10" higher than the coach's. Still not going into the corners fast enough.
But, I've come a long way.

No problem with the bike, I got it dialed in very well.
Old 06-29-2018, 12:07 PM   #27
ygolohcysp
Track Rider

I agree with both parts of the photo thing. Kind of the same deal when I take video from the track. I know it's not super awesome footage that will make me a star. I can go back and watch it though and see what I'm doing right, and what I need to work on. I can often hear the brakes applied, hear how soon I'm getting on the throttle, where I make good passes and where I'm too timid. Good data can come in many forms.

Glad you're having fun!
Sponsored Links

KatRiders.com > Suzuki Katana Forums > At the Track