X

pulling hard till 6,500

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pulling hard till 6,500

Still feeling out my Kat and it seems to pull good and hard up till 6500 rpm and then starts to flatten out. It doesn't stop pulling, just seems to start leveling off.

Is this common for 89 / 750 ?

I bought it this past winter and it had 4200 miles on it (has 5K now), I've hooked up with the sport bike group here and took my first ride that pushed the bike a bit and not sure if this is normal.

From 4500 rpm to 6500 rpm the thing flat screams, the prior owner did put a header on it and a Yoshimura can also, but not sure if he had anything else done internally.

What ya guys think ?

Jr.

sounds like you need a jet kits or maybe the jet kit thats in it wasnt set up right are you runnging pod filters or stock airbox or a better question should be are you mechanically inclinded at all??? before i tell you to start takeing things apart

Comment

Sin:
      No problem with the tech part, work on air compressor that have over 1000 hp motors and all automated cyrogenic air seperation plants.
      Just trying to understand the ins and out's of the Kat.
      Any help would be greatly appreciated.

By the way on your signature on the Nitrous, I work for one of the two only companies that make it in North America.

Again thanks for the help

Comment

i would pull the carbs off give them a good cleanin and find out what jetting is in them main jet wise and weather or not the needles are stock or after market adjustable ones

Comment

Working...
        X