Mirror, Mirror...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mirror, Mirror...

Hi All,

I'm looking for find mirror taht will replace the OEM version on my Katana. I'm looking for a different style and I'm wondering if anyone knows what's available for the Katana? Since I'm in Canada, I'm looking for vendors that would ship there.

Any assistance would be appreciated.
    "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Coincidentally Ive been looking around on ebay and other places this afternoon for some carbon fiber mirrors for my kat. If I come across some I'll post up here in case your interested..

Comment

On ebay there are some. I think they are called Jag mirrors? They are a cool looking style that fits the katana. I will check it out and I might end op correcting myself.
      Project Katana

1998 Katana 600

Comment

That is the link for them. Might be the same as WildKat was talking about. It says they are carbon fiber it also comes in the original black. Take a
        look though only 30 + shipping.
        Project Katana

1998 Katana 600

Comment

they look cool.i did not know that gixxer mirrors will work

Comment

Originally posted by UpNSmke
            http://cgi.ebay.com/CARBON-JAG-MIRRORS-for-Suzuki-Katana-600-750-88-06-sw_W0QQitemZ4651270700QQihZ002QQcategoryZ35580QQss PageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

That is the link for them. Might be the same as WildKat was talking about. It says they are carbon fiber it also comes in the original black. Take a
            Unfortunately, they don't ship to Canada. I was hoping to find a vendor that would.
            "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/CARBON-JAG-MIRRORS-for-Suzuki-Katana-600-750-88-06-sw_W0QQitemZ4651270700QQihZ002QQcategoryZ35580QQss PageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

High-impact ABS shell with carbon finish.
              Bike is sold

Comment

Originally posted by Kat-A-Tonic

Unfortunately, they don't ship to Canada. I was hoping to find a vendor that would.
                I have asked a member on KR who lives in California to buy from that seller for me and ship to Canada.
                Just ask and someone will step up.
                Bike is sold

Comment

I just ordered an emgo oem one basically, not a different look, but only $20
                  Live and Lean.
                  When the going gets twisty, the going get twistin.
                  "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."
                  Romans 3:23

Comment

The real questions I have about the carbon-fiber look replacements:

(A) Are they as stable as the stock (OEM) ones at speed?
                    (B) Is the viewable area as wider or wider (narrower does me no damn good)?

That's it. I think they look pretty cool, but if they don't do the job at least as well, if not better than the OEM's, I'd skip it... Krylon Fusion will paint any OEM one to a new color

Cheers,
                    =-= The CyberPoet
                    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by Spedee
                      Originally posted by Kat-A-Tonic

I have asked a member on KR who lives in California to buy from that seller for me and ship to Canada.
                      Just ask and someone will step up.
                      That sounds like a good idea. I'll be paying shipping twice but I'll get what I want.

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                      The real questions I have about the carbon-fiber look replacements:

(A) Are they as stable as the stock (OEM) ones at speed?
                      (B) Is the viewable area as wider or wider (narrower does me no damn good)?

That's it. I think they look pretty cool, but if they don't do the job at least as well, if not better than the OEM's, I'd skip it... Krylon Fusion will paint any OEM one to a new color

Cheers,
                      =-= The CyberPoet
                      True, no point in making my riding more difficult.

Comment

I've been wanting to find a set of mirror "extenders"... I'm a fairly big guy, and I have a hard time getting the mirrors adjusted so I can see past my fat ass easily.

Anyone else have this problem (not having a fat-ass, but having troubles with the focus point of your mirrors?)
                        Mr. Nice Guy
                        '04 Katana 750
                        Ride safe, live long!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Nice Guy
                          I've been wanting to find a set of mirror "extenders"... I'm a fairly big guy, and I have a hard time getting the mirrors adjusted so I can see past my fat ass easily.

Anyone else have this problem (not having a fat-ass, but having troubles with the focus point of your mirrors?)
                          I'm on the borderline between the two -- my winter jacket is thick enough to obscure a goodly part of my view, but my summer jacket isn't. The obvious answer (IMHO) would be a matched base with longer screws to set the existing ones further out from the centerline -- I'm pretty sure DeeDub or Neoublie could fab something up on demand for this with enough info.

Cheers,
                          =-= The CyberPoet
                          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

hey kat-a-tonic....I will step up if needed. I can give you an address just across the border in Vermont, and they will be delivered in my hands from there. I will just x-press post them to you. Just makes sure the vendor does not state that he will ship to confirmed address only (your billing or paypal address).
                            I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe
                              hey kat-a-tonic....I will step up if needed. I can give you an address just across the border in Vermont, and they will be delivered in my hands from there. I will just x-press post them to you. Just makes sure the vendor does not state that he will ship to confirmed address only (your billing or paypal address).
                              Thanks a lot Mojoe, I really appreciate that. I'm thinking of getting the JAG mirrors but in black. I'll let you know when I'm ready to buy.

Comment

Working...
                              X